1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

C&J 363 last - new?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by theyare, Sep 8, 2010.

1. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

2. rabiesinfrance

rabiesinfrance Senior member

Looks like another nasty, long pointy last. C&J should just put high heels on their shoes and be done with it! The 348 is ridiculous. Anyway, I'll check it out in the shop. There's nothing for us traditional, classic last types. They used to do a Handgrade 236, but no more.

3. economiayocio

economiayocio Senior member

I really find this last quite traditional, much more than the soft squarey 337. This last reminds me to some EG lasts in fact.

4. HHD

HHD Senior member

Seriously. It doesn't seem particularly elongated to me - I'm hugely bored with Italian-style pointy lasts and when I saw the Melcombe in the boutique, I thought it was a much older model. It has a retro, 1930s feel in the "flesh", and looks more like a variation on Edward Green's 202 than its contemporaries.

5. economiayocio

economiayocio Senior member

Seriously. It doesn't seem particularly elongated to me - I'm hugely bored with Italian-style pointy lasts and when I saw the Melcombe in the boutique, I thought it was a much older model. It has a retro, 1930s feel in the "flesh", and looks more like a variation on Edward Green's 202 than its contemporaries.

Agreed.Trust the people who has really seen it or have it.

6. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Bringing this back as I'm deciding whether to mail order a pair on the 363 last without having seen it in person. Can anyone compare it to 341, the benchgrade round toe last? I find the 341 quite nice, but if the 363 is more like round toes from AE and Alden then I'll pass. Thanks.

7. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

I have the Lonsdale 363 in Dark Brown Suede, and I can say that their shape is very beautiful in person. I think it's sleeker and more elegant than 337 if that helps. Most of the pictures online do not convey this, I hesitated for a long time because I thought they looked strange. I've only seen a loafer (Sydney) on the 341, a while back to, and I think from the pictures, that while 363 is more curved, it may also be sleeker. Again, from online pictures only, I believe 363 is far sleeker than AE or Alden. Hope this helps, and it may be cheaper for you to mail order from UK than USA, but shipping cost may be a factor if you are likely to return them.

8. azumi

azumi Senior member

Anyone can post a real life pic of 363 Lonsdale in black? Im wondering between these two last a black Oxford as I want to buy a new black Oxford. The 363 seems look good for a brown Oxford, but for a more conservative black shoes, I am not sure..?