• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J 360 Fit Comparison?

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've searched the forum, but can't seem to find any comparisons to how the fit runs compared to other C&J lasts. For example, I am a great fit in the 337 and the 325 (tho in different sizes), but the 348 doesn't work at all.

Can anyone share their experience?

Thanks!

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spark
I've searched the forum, but can't seem to find any comparisons to how the fit runs compared to other C&J lasts. For example, I am a great fit in the 337 and the 325 (tho in different sizes), but the 348 doesn't work at all.

Thanks!

I just bought a pair and will let you know as soon as I receive them, which I'm guessing could be next week. Perhaps others can help in the meantime.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've searched the forum, but can't seem to find any comparisons to how the fit runs compared to other C&J lasts. For example, I am a great fit in the 337 and the 325 (tho in different sizes), but the 348 doesn't work at all. Can anyone share their experience? Thanks!
What's the difference between the 325 and 337? I have a pretty good fit on the 325. Thx.

Acipenser

Reaction score
My experience is that different lasts fit me with the same size and width. However i personally like rounder lasts because I think it walks more comfortable. But a more elongated last like the 348 I own in the same size. However I only have experience with the 236, 341 and 348 last.

jsherman02

Reaction score

Thanks!

What didn't you like about the 348?

Acipenser

Reaction score
I do not like the elongated last: for me it gives a problem because my right feet is half a size smaller. For the rest I think the last looks nice.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all -- here's a bit more detail:

- I have pretty wide feet...the left one has been broken a few times windsurfing and never healed quite right so it's wider.

- In the 337, the normal rule of thumb is to drop 1 size down from standard UK sizing, but I go down only 1/2 to accommodate the width (and 337s are known as being pretty generous in width). I've been sized in both the NYC and the Jerymn street shops and, after some debate, this is where the needle landed

- so, I am a US 10.5 EE/E (depending upon maker/last) but typically take a 10E in the 337

- I also seem to do well with the rounded toe lasts like the 325 and have a beater pair of Loake Chukkas in a 10G that work well

- the 348 was just too narrow in the mid and forefoot -- bugger really pinched and it was clear that no amount of stretching would help.

- I have my eye on some 360s and the sole measurements seem to look good to go, but I thought it wise to check here to see how the fit compares to other lasts in terms of width and general sizing relative to what I know for sure works -- the 337.

Hope that helps!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't recall anyone here ever mentioning getting a 360, but they are trickling out now to the regular discount channels. You should get a better answer in a month or two.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So are you the same size in the 337 and 325?

Acipenser

Reaction score
Thanks all -- here's a bit more detail:

- I have pretty wide feet...the left one has been broken a few times windsurfing and never healed quite right so it's wider.

- In the 337, the normal rule of thumb is to drop 1 size down from standard UK sizing, but I go down only 1/2 to accommodate the width (and 337s are known as being pretty generous in width). I've been sized in both the NYC and the Jerymn street shops and, after some debate, this is where the needle landed

- so, I am a US 10.5 EE/E (depending upon maker/last) but typically take a 10E in the 337

- I also seem to do well with the rounded toe lasts like the 325 and have a beater pair of Loake Chukkas in a 10G that work well

- the 348 was just too narrow in the mid and forefoot -- bugger really pinched and it was clear that no amount of stretching would help.

- I have my eye on some 360s and the sole measurements seem to look good to go, but I thought it wise to check here to see how the fit compares to other lasts in terms of width and general sizing relative to what I know for sure works -- the 337.

Hope that helps!

I also know somebody with wide feet and he actually sizes half a size up on the 348 last to accomodate the smaller toe section. Somebody with narrow feet might do the opposite compared to rounder lasts. I am not saying this is a general rule, just a thought on the 348 last
smile.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the CJ equivalent to Peal 318 last? Anybody knows?

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So are you the same size in the 337 and 325?

Hard to say as the 325s are Peal-branded and US-sized, but I can only buy the BroBro re-badged C&Js as they come in Es and the Sargents only come in Ds

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So are you the same size in the 337 and 325? Hard to say as the 325s are Peal-branded and US-sized, but I can only buy the BroBro re-badged C&Js as they come in Es and the Sargents only come in Ds
Thanks. I have the same issue as I have BB Peals on the 325 last in 8.5D US and I'm trying to figure out what size to get in the other C&J lasts....

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I don't recall anyone here ever mentioning getting a 360, but they are trickling out now to the regular discount channels. You should get a better answer in a month or two.

I've mentioned owning a pair on the 360. I tried the 360 in just a half size down from my U.S. size, but I felt better with a full size down. I also have shoes on the 337, 341, 348, 358, and some other random C&J last. I go down a full size from my U.S. size on all of them. I've sized down only half on one pair of 348, but I'm not sure I love it.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've mentioned owning a pair on the 360. I tried the 360 in just a half size down from my U.S. size, but I felt better with a full size down. I also have shoes on the 337, 341, 348, 358, and some other random C&J last. I go down a full size from my U.S. size on all of them. I've sized down only half on one pair of 348, but I'm not sure I love it./QUOTE]

Thanks -- so how do the 360s fit in comparison to your 337s in terms of width and length?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads