• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J 2007 Catalogue

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
where did you guys get the catalogue? the c&j site isnt updated (still!) and shyam's 06-07 catalogue seems closed.

Ordering through the site takes time (3 weeks the last time I ordered).

If you are as impatient as I am, call the T&A store at 212-752-5700 and have them mail it to you. Going there right now to pick one up.

minimal

Reaction score
I think C&J has just updated their website to include the new models. So surf away! Correction: *some* of the new ones are there. I can't say I like the new format, you can no longer see all the shoes of a certain type at once. At least there's no flash!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't be more maddening than the C&J Paris site. It drives me nuts trying to chase those menus across the screen...

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Can't be more maddening than the C&J Paris site. It drives me nuts trying to chase those menus across the screen...
they are too fast for me! You need serious mouse precision

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
Ok guys, here's the bad news. I just e-mailed Shyam and got this reply.

Dear Sir,

There are two 2007 catalogues. One is called the Mail Order catalogue -
that's for you to order direct from CJ and we cannot supply styles exclusive
to this catalogue. We can only supply from the 2007 Stock Collections
catalogue which we have just published, www.plal.com/crockett.htm

Shyam

I checked the link and it's basically the same as the old catalouge. Well, it looks like no Maddox and Gerrard 3 for me! C&J mail order prices are outrageous!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, the Drummond and some of the other new models are in there. But not all of them...

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
True, but none of the interesting ones. Sigh, Maddox & Gerrard 3.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexander Scriabin

Dear Sir,

Shyam

I was inquiring about Drummond and Thierry and I got the same reply. He said he would carry the Drummond but that the wait time would be long since it is a "hot" shoe.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a good thing I don't need any shoes right now.
sarcasm.gif
laugh.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have the Drummond in dark brown calf. I bought it on ebay a few months ago, and it's a beautiful shoe, but seeing it now in suede almost makes me wish I could have a do-over.

Nobody mentioned the Portman, but that's my favorite of the new models. It's not exactly a monk, more a high vamped slip on like the Kempton with a thin strap over the top. Sysdoc posted several pictures last year from the C&J store and that model really caught my eye. Apparently it isn't available from Plal either.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexander Scriabin
Ok guys, here's the bad news. I just e-mailed Shyam and got this reply.

Dear Sir,

Shyam

I checked the link and it's basically the same as the old catalouge. Well, it looks like no Maddox and Gerrard 3 for me! C&J mail order prices are outrageous!

thanks for the heads up, alex.

this sucks! boo to c&j for doing this.
frown.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went into Turnbull & Asser today. Tried on the Hallam in 11E (no Fs in stock). I'm glad I did. As much as I like it in a 9 (or whatever they use when they shoot pictures), in an 11, it's a clown shoe. YMMV, but I found it way too elongated in large sizes.

The saleslady encouraged me to try on the Audley instead. It fits considerably more generously than the 348 last, which surprised me, and looked a lot better too. So, I learned that I don't want the Hallam, even in a size that would fit, and that the handgrades actually fit me a lot better than I ever thought they would. I'm still deciding whether that's good news or bad news...
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads