• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J 2007 Catalogue

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Maddox, Drummond and Alex. Everything else is done better by other makers.
Who does a shoe like the Westbourne better? EG?

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minimal
Can anyone who has experience with both talk about the fit differences between the 337 and the 348 lasts? I have a wide forefoot (usually USA E or EE) but I fit decently in the 337. Is the 348 similarly roomy in the arch/forefoot?

I own a Polo Alton in a US 11.5D on the 337 last and the C&J Reading in a UK 11E on the 348 last, so my comparison may not be strictly valid. Recognize also that the Alton is an oxford and the Reading is a monkstrap. FWIW, I find my Reading to have slightly more room in the forefoot than my Alton. The Alton is somewhat snug at the balls of my feet, though not uncomfortably so.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redtree00
All three are in the regular catalogue.

*corrected for accuracy

I can't find the Highbury in the new catalogue. Maybe I'm losing my eyesight.

But in trying to find it, I stumbled over the 348-lasted, dainite-soled suede Exmoor. The picture in the catalog is more flattering to it than this one, but I couldn't find it online.

235.jpg

On the Paris site I noticed this 348-lasted jodhpur. I wonder what it would look like in calf:

hickstead_r9.jpg

redtree00

Reaction score
I can't find the Highbury in the new catalogue. Maybe I'm losing my eyesight.
OOOPS
blush.gif

Here's a picture of the Exmoor from the catalogue

picture1to1.jpg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
where did you guys get the catalogue? the c&j site isnt updated (still!) and shyam's 06-07 catalogue seems closed.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
650 for a pair of ferragamos
for that much you can buy something better
like barker black

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
where did you guys get the catalogue? the c&j site isnt updated (still!) and shyam's 06-07 catalogue seems closed.

The old-fashioned way--in the mail!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Seriously, I just emailed them, they sent it out.

Has anyone bought C&J shoe trees? Are they worth $60, or is one just as well off with woodlore? Put another way, are they lasted or in any way specially suited to C&J shoes?

TIA.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Has anyone bought C&J shoe trees? Are they worth $60, or is one just as well off with woodlore? Put another way, are they lasted or in any way specially suited to C&J shoes?

Yes, at least the ones I have with my Handgrades. They're lasted and do a very good job of restoring shape. I think they're worth it; others I'm sure will argue that it's just a frivolous expense. Given that CJ trees are not as excessively priced the way some other lasted trees are, I think they're a good investment for Handgrade level shoes.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Yes, at least the ones I have with my Handgrades. They're lasted and do a very good job of restoring shape. I think they're worth it; others I'm sure will argue that it's just a frivolous expense. Given that CJ trees are not as excessively priced the way some other lasted trees are, I think they're a good investment for Handgrade level shoes.

The shoe trees are lasted? I just thought they were sized.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting. I wouldn't say that the C&J trees I bought with my handgrades are lasted. They did make true lasted trees for some limited edition shoes they made a few years ago, but those were pretty rare.

rajesh06

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Interesting. I wouldn't say that the C&J trees I bought with my handgrades are lasted. They did make true lasted trees for some limited edition shoes they made a few years ago, but those were pretty rare.

Aren't C&J trees also waxed? This is contrary to the moisture-absorption purpose of trees.

I also thought they were over $90, not $60.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Something about the number of eyelets on the Thierry is starting to bother me.

I'm actually falling for the Thierry.
inlove.gif

The other obvious one is Drummond.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rajesh06
Aren't C&J trees also waxed? This is contrary to the moisture-absorption purpose of trees.

I also thought they were over $90, not $60.

I dunno, I think moisture absorption is a myth...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman

They LOOK very lasted to me - certainly much more so that the average shoe tree you can buy. And they seem to fill the shoe much more than my regular trees. Yes, they are waxed, but I don't think trees really absorb all that much anyway, so that doesn't bother me.

The trees I got were obtained with the shoes via Pediwear, so certainly weren't any limited edition shoes.

If I am incorrect, I apologise for misleading forumites!
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads