• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

C&J 2007 Catalogue

redtree00

Reaction score
The 2007 catalogue has a few new models

Handgrades

and the 348 last

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
May just be the top-down photos, but I'm just not feeling many of these. I suspect they'd look a lot better from the side.

The Balmuir Handgrade and the Hallam on the 348 last look good though.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I don't normally go for split-toes, but the Maddox might be interesting. Looking forward to more pics.

I don't know, the closed lacing and split toe are a little incongruous to me. But it might look better from other angles.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shyam apparently just got the catalogue. Tells me he will have the Hallam in an F fitting, in case anyone besides me cares. Yum...

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I don't know, the closed lacing and split toe are a little incongruous to me. But it might look better from other angles.

I thought that too, actually. They may turn out to be a mutt, but they're different. Seem like something one of the Italian makers would produce.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gerard 3 looks awfully nice. I still need to buy a nice pair of spectators.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agree, that's exactly what puts me off it. Seems a trifle bizarre, but top-down views alone are difficult to judge.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Any mention of the Drummond, grimslade?

Something about the number of eyelets on the Thierry is starting to bother me.

I only asked him about the Hallam. I received the catalogue in the mail last week, and noticed that some shoes were now available in wider fittings that previously had only been Es, and that's what caught my eye and prompted my query. Initially he'd said he only had the Es in the Hallam, but he came back to me today to say the Fs were available.

He did say that the reseller's catalogue sometimes does not contain shoes available in the retail catalogue, so you'd have to ask him directly.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any idea on pricing for the 348 with plal, anyone? I am very happy with the fit of my pair. Trouble.

1199 (per the Hallam, which was out in the 05-06 catalogue). That's about $325. A steal.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 270 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.8%
  • 31 - 40