• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C and J audley vs. Edward Green chelsea

handle76

Reaction score
which do you think is the superior cap toe oxford? i'm trying to decide - c and j is a steal on plal and you don't have to wait for 4 months like edward green but, edward green seems to have a bit more prestige.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't EGs 3x more expensive. I don't own the audleys but I can say that CJs handgrades are well worth the money. You could buy 3 pairs of CJs to 1 EG and have a damn good rotation going.

observer

Reaction score
Point to consider when making a decision:
EG offers a fair range of colours in Chelsea as opposed to only balck and dark brown in Audley
EG offers a choice of widths as well as a choice of lasts
If you go MTO with EG then you also have a choice of soles, etc
As sold off the shelf in the respective shops in Jermyn St, the Chelsea is just under 500 pounds, and the Audley is about 350 pounds
Personally, from my experience, I find the materials and craftmanship a trifle superior in the case of EG shoes

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by handle76
which do you think is the superior cap toe oxford? i'm trying to decide - c and j is a steal on plal and you don't have to wait for 4 months like edward green but, edward green seems to have a bit more prestige.

Choosing shoes based on prestige is a good way to end up with aching feet.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Choosing shoes based on prestige is a good way to end up with aching feet.

Trust me, I know! I bought a few Mark Nasons despite the fact that I could not walk comfortably in them for more than an hour. Don't hold that against me though - I have grown since then...
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan