• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Byron Suits Quality?

radiocures

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased or have knowledge about Byron suits?

Visited a small, semi-local shop and the salesman suggested the label. Price point was around $500, alterations included, so I'm not expecting top of the line quality, but I'm curious as to the value for the price. Supposed to be fully canvassed, floating chest piece.

I can't find reviews here or elsewhere; any info is appreciated.

http://byronclothing.com/index.html

bigdancehawk

Reaction score
I bought a Byron navy blue suit and a blue blazer about 6 months ago. I think they're somewhat better made than BB's offerings in the same price range. The jackets hang well. I wear a 42R and all the jackets needed was the sleeves shortened just a bit.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suggest search - if you cannot find anything then the likelihood is that it is a minor brand that no one/few has/have had experience. Wear the wretched thing for 6 months and report. If you do not fancy that then ignore the suggestion and don't take chances.

interested

Reaction score
I have owned one for approximately 6 months and find it to be of good quality, although I am not a fan of the tighter fitting "European look". I am curious to find out where you are shopping, since I paid $1,100 and may have been over-charged. My retailer is in Michigan.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have owned one for approximately 6 months and find it to be of good quality, although I am not a fan of the tighter fitting "European look". I am curious to find out where you are shopping, since I paid $1,100 and may have been over-charged. My retailer is in Michigan.

First post, fortunate that you coincidentally happened by to deal with this thread about a hitherto unknown/little known brand......

Last edited:

radiocures

Reaction score

I found them at a small, locally owned shop in Arkansas.

GBR - Thanks for the skeptical eye. I've been scouring the web for reviews, but I can't find any. I'm keeping it on the list for now, at least until I get to a larger city to try some additional brands.

If I take the plunge, I'll report back.

MichDui

Reaction score
Any updates?

I just saw for first time today. Looks decent and fabric seems like quality stuff. I would just like some more info/opinions before taking the dive. Local boutique sells for around $1095 per suit. Seems a tad high?!?!

Thx!!

Christian Gaona

Reaction score
So I live in Austin TX and I have a local tailor whom has a shop I saw a byron suit on his rack one time and I liked it charcoal and the lining was red. I asked him how much whered he get it he said he didnt know, i like my tailor alot but I tend to figure things out, one day I bought a new suit and had it sent to his shop then he said he needed to be downtown to drop off 3 suits and hed be back to finish my suit i saved in the rush and volunteered to deliver them for him since I needed to go downtown anyhow and I would come back found a shop on congress in austin texas that actually sells the suits theyre a retailer of byron and i figured out where he was getting them from so i asked the salesman he quoted me 900 dollars, though I talked to my tailor when I got back he said I will get you one for 600 so obviosly theyre selling them overpriced but it seemed good quality I am a fan of the slim tight fit euro suits though my tailor whom is from eastern europe tries to get me away from them and into italian suits and what not from experience ive been fitted with one im set to buy another here soon i like it alot but thats if your a fan of euro styled suits

BlackYeti

Reaction score
Byron's branding leans on British heritage but the cut seems equally italian. They're half-lined, machine stitched and made in China. Within those parameters, they're pretty well-made: stitching is clean, shoulders malleable and well-shaped, lining durable, flourishes like machine pick stitching and mezza-luna tacks. I've seen a few pieces in H&S fabric that's definitely worth the $500 sale price. My gripe is their insistence on trendy cuts: all the lapels are too narrow for me and most of the jackets are too short.

jumpman1231

Reaction score
I'm in kc and we actually have a Byron store on the plaza. That being said its allowed me to thrift them. I've got 4 of them and thus far I have no complaints at all. Some of them say half canvassed and the ones I have are super 140-150 I also am only picking them up for on average of $10
1f609.png
Well worth thrifting for personal use then if it's a good fit in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads