Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Maybe I, am being to close, to the topic, for understanding. Having a wine storage unit, a snob, I do not think, makes you, per se. From my posts, you can tell, I think, wine I like. A Vinotemp, wine cellar, I have, in my house. If you could, store, wine somewhere, and drink yours at 1/5 the price, I think, that would be great.

Yes, there are many, wine snobs. They usually, do not know, their cork from their, bung hole. But unfair, I think, is a blanket judgment, on people that like and store wine.

2. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

As a member of 'wine snob' message boards, I am anxious to post an article about $700 shoes over there and see when kind of reaction I can generate. [​IMG] (these lockers have nothing to do with being a 'wine snob', they are mearly another mechanism for people with too much money to show everyone who will look that this is the case)

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Yes, there are many, wine snobs. They usually, do not know, their cork from their, bung hole. But unfair, I think, is a blanket judgment, on people that like and store wine.

That is fair. I have the misfortune of living in San Francisco, which may e the capital city for wine snobbery. Whenever I hear people slurping wine at a restaurant I want to do great bodily harm to them. It is so much more common han you could even imagine.

4. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

That is fair. I have the misfortune of living in San Francisco, which may e the capital city for wine snobbery. Whenever I hear people slurping wine at a restaurant I want to do great bodily harm to them. It is so much more common han you could even imagine.

The sound of wine being slurped is very painful.

5. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Maybe I, am being to close, to the topic, for understanding. Having a wine storage unit, a snob, I do not think, makes you, per se. From my posts, you can tell, I think, wine I like. A Vinotemp, wine cellar, I have, in my house. If you could, store, wine somewhere, and drink yours at 1/5 the price, I think, that would be great.

You are quite, fluent in, Vaclavian . [​IMG] You are not, only an oenophile of the, highest order but, as well a, cunning linguist .

6. Piobaire

I am glad, you understand, my position. I agree, big productions, of tasting wine, are tasteless. Quiet enjoyment, of a fine wine, though, is a thing, to be valued. A question though (in standard English). Why do people never seem to get twisted over people that are really into Scotch? I notice that I can talk to almost anyone about my love of single malts (mainly Speysides) and everyone thinks it is cool. Start to talk wine to some people, and suddenly I am a snob. I guess that shows the baggage that can get attached to some things.

7. Piobaire

You are quite, fluent in, Vaclavian . [​IMG] You are not, only an oenophile of the, highest order but, as well a, cunning linguist .

My thanks, you have, for seeing, my new found, talent [​IMG]

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

A question though (in standard English). Why do people never seem to get twisted over people that are really into Scotch? I notice that I can talk to almost anyone about my love of single malts (mainly Speysides) and everyone thinks it is cool. Start to talk wine to some people, and suddenly I am a snob. I guess that shows the baggage that can get attached to some things.
    An interesting point, you have raised. I believe a contributing factor is the masculinity attached to Scotch. Consequently, in my experience, women will be turned off by Scotch snobs as they would an oenophile.

9. Piobaire

An interesting point, you have raised. I believe a contributing factor is the masculinity attached to Scotch. Consequently, in my experience, women will be turned off by Scotch snobs as they would an oenophile.

So women are turned off by things that are associated with masculinity? That's sort of a new one on me, but I guess it's a theory!

10. vaclava krishna

vaclava krishna Senior member

Where's the, bread ?

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Have you ever driven a Range Rover (windows tinted or no) to a restaurant that houses either your private wine stock or private cigars?

Such a, question, you have to, ask? My private, wine stock, fits in a dorm, fridge. My private, cigar stock, fits in a, sock. My Private, magazine stock, takes up more, space, than both.

Nothing wrong, with liking wine, there is. But, in opinion, my humble, having a locker, for wine, or, cigars, smacks of, taking food to a, restaurant, for the chef, to cook.

12. Piobaire

Such a, question, you have to, ask? My private, wine stock, fits in a dorm, fridge. My private, cigar stock, fits in a, sock. My Private, magazine stock, takes up more, space, than both.

Nothing wrong, with liking wine, there is. But, in opinion, my humble, having a locker, for wine, or, cigars, smacks of, taking food to a, restaurant, for the chef, to cook.

Hehe, then, to you, I quote:

For those who absolutely, positively cannot get out of their own miserable microscopic little orbits and see that there is indeed a world out there..

Out of your dorm room, get you, And drive, a Range Rover, to, your private wine locker! Something new, experience, outside your, microscopic dorm, room. [​IMG]

As above, I said, wine snobs, know anything, rarely. But if, I could store, some of my wine, at no cost, then drink it, with no stem or corkage fee, at a nice place, money it would save! I guess, maybe, there is the line vs. wine lover, and, wine snob: lovers like to save money, for more wine to buy!, snobs spend extra, in a manner designed, to impress.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Out of your dorm room, get you, And drive, a Range Rover, to, your private wine locker! Something new, experience, outside your, microscopic dorm, room. [​IMG]

As above, I said, wine snobs, know anything, rarely. But if, I could store, some of my wine, at no cost, then drink it, with no stem or corkage fee, at a nice place, money it would save! I guess, maybe, there is the line vs. wine lover, and, wine snob: lovers like to save money, for more wine to buy!, snobs spend extra, in a manner designed, to impress.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Range Rover, Never! What, outrage of manner, is a stem, fee? A corkage, fee? Cork comes, with wine, in neck of, bottle, under screw cap? Sommelier provides, cork of his own? Terribly confused, I am. Must get, out more, to places, where, shoes required. you know, Next thing, you'll have to bring, your own bread. [​IMG]

14. Piobaire

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Range Rover, Never! What, outrage of manner, is a stem, fee? A corkage, fee? Cork comes, with wine, in neck of, bottle, under screw cap? Sommelier provides, cork of his own? Terribly confused, I am. Must get, out more, to places, where, shoes required. you know, Next thing, you'll have to bring, your own bread. [​IMG]

Some states, allow, a restaurant, to be, BYOB. However, they will charge, usually, some made up, fee. "Corkage fee" and "stem fee", are usually, the code name, for adding to your bill, meaninglessly. What, heard have I, is some places, if a locker you have, allow, you to drink your self-purchased wine, with no extra fee. Thusly, you would pay, retail, price, for your wine (about 1/5 to 1/2 of usual restaurant wine list price!), and not be charged, meaninglessly, for the right, to your own wine, drink. Instead, you pay $70 for a nice, bottle, on your own. Drink it, you can, your meal, with, and not pay, say $200, as the usual price, at a restaurant, would be.

Good deal, say I.

15. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

pretentious, oenophile:

[​IMG]

This picture is great. The guy looks awful. Nice tie. [​IMG]