1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Buzz Rickson (TOYO).. & William Gibson

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Oct 12, 2008.

1. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sugar Cane x Buzz Rickson Indigo-Dyed Horsehide A-2 Jacket - Black Woods II Edition

We've been counting down the days for the arrival of this jacket. Made as a collaborative piece between the designers of Sugar Cane and Buzz Rickson this jacket is a horsehide A-2 which has then been hand painted with pure indigo dye. This gives the jacket a very unique feel and look and is sure to look wild after some wear starts to show. Toyo has allowed us to modify the fit of the jacket slightly, slimming it out a little bit and giving the body a little extra length so you can easily wear it with untucked shirts.

These jackets were made in small numbers in Japan and this edition of it is limited to 50 pieces and is available now at all Self Edge stores.

Shop Sugar Cane Online

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

Looking for a M51 Fishtail Parka. Help.

3. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Ha, On my list also...What size ? I saw one on Rakuten was a 36/38

4. ike_hiking_boots

Would really like to read a review of the M51.

There are other options…

5. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Buzz Rickson MA-1 Owners: I recently broke out my MA-1 that I've been keeping in storage for a trip. The ribbing on the neck was really irritating, and even left my neck with a minor rash after a day of wearing it. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you remedy?

This hasn't happened with any other MA-1's or wool clothing for me, so I don't think it's on me...maybe.

6. ike_hiking_boots

What is the neck made from? Wool?

7. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Yup. I considered soaking it (just the top part to get the collar) and applying conditioner, but I'm trying to not do that.

8. ike_hiking_boots

9. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Any help with sizing on a BR x Gibson m-51 parka? I know the Gibson is a slimmer fit, but I don't know if Large means "Japanese" Large or if I should size up...any help?

10. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Buzz Rickson Winter Collection of Jackets, Shirts, Whistles, & Watch Caps

We've just received our winter shipment from Buzz Rickson and it includes some items which we've built up some serious wait-lists for.

First off, you know you need a Buzz Rickson whistle, so now we're stocking them for all your whistling needs. These are the original Acme Thunderer style whistles made of brass and a natural cork ball.

Next up with the new run of black mock twist and indigo USN chambray shirts. Both come rinsed and made up to size XXL now.

The William Gibson x Buzz Rickson MA-1 is back in stock, these move very quickly every winter season for us. These are super warm, functional, and are the highest quality MA-1 jackets we've ever seen.

We have also gotten a small run of the heavy melton wool USN pea coat from Buzz Rickson. If you've ever wanted a pea coat, this is the one to buy. Every element of this coat is well thought out, from the 13 star reproduction buttons to the heavy cord inside the hand pockets.

And lastly, watch caps are winter essentials and the ones Buzz Rickson make truly are the best out there. The feel of the wool is super compact and soft and these break in as a good watch cap should, they become better with wear over time.

All these items are available at all of our stores and online in our online store.

http://www.selfedge.com/buzz-rickson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]