• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying twice the same perfect garnment?

rexet

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have you ever bought two pieces of the same garnment because you loved it and you were afraid not to find the same one in a couple of years when the first would die :) ?

The best exemple I have in mind would be a raw pair of jeans that will fade over time to finally brake or the perfect sneakers you would love to keep for ever in your wardrobe.

I just found the perfect chino. I love everything about it except that I know it won't be reissue next year. I was just asking myself if it would be a good idea to buy a second one to keep it in my personnal stock :embar:

Cheers,

R.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's your perfect chino and it's a one-off item you don't expect to see again, buy 10.

Steeze

Reaction score
Yep I do this frequently, especially if on sale.

linds_15

Reaction score
makes perfect sense if its a product that fits great, especially if its hard to find stuff that fits you great. personally i plan on stocking up on the wings and horns 2 packs, i just think their great tees

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i never buy the same clothing twice, if you gain or lose wieght then it wont fit properly anymore. plus what is the point of wearing the same thing. and your tastes will change with time. also there is always something better out there. so save your money and just buy one.

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have like 30 of the same T shirt, couple pairs of the same sweats and jumpers. If it fits good and its a basic don't see why not.

rexet

Reaction score

i never buy the same clothing twice, if you gain or lose wieght then it wont fit properly anymore. plus what is the point of wearing the same thing. and your tastes will change with time. also there is always something better out there. so save your money and just buy one.

I quite agree about the weight issue.
Regarding the tastes changes I was more thinking about essential basics such as a pair of indigo jeans or khaki chinos.

I could have turn this thread into "What garnment you owned in the past do you miss the most?". I am quite sure you had an amazing piece in your wardrobe few years ago you would love to buy again if it would be possible ;).

Last edited:

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've definitely bought items more than once in order to have a back up...

I have 2 pair of the same w+h corded cloths. 6 w+h v-necks...still have an unopened two pack.

probably about to purchase a second pair of RRL denim of which I already own (taking advantage of a sale which doesn't normally apply to core items).

also on the hunt for another pair of margiela trainers in the original colorway to just keep in the box until my current pair is ready for the trash (close..).

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I quite agree about the weight issue.
Regarding the tastes changes I was more thinking about essential basics such as a pair of indigo jeans or khaki chinos.
I could have turn this thread into "What garnment you owned in the past do you miss the most?". I am quite sure you had an amazing piece in your wardrobe few years ago you would love to buy again if it would be possible ;).

Nothing is essentiel. I don't own chinos or indigo jeans.

violethour1951

Reaction score
Definitely a good idea to get it again if it's on sale. Also, good incentive to keep yourself in the same shape so you can wear it when the day comes to toss out the old ones!

rexet

Reaction score
My problem is that I have so many clothes on my wish list that it is a little hard to spend on double garnments :)

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score

My problem is that I have so many clothes on my wish list that it is a little hard to spend on double garnments :)

then don't but the same ones twice, I drop off all my clothes off at the goodwill before they even show signs of wearing out, because you WILL GET BORED of it

but all my clothes lasts quite a few years so unless you are doing construction work in your stuff then just don't

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Buy at least two. Can you get different colors?

I've done that a few times, buy two or three of the same garment, but in different colours. Because I like the style, feels good, fits well and the quality is OK.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads