• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying standalone trousers

Rugger

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
773
Reaction score
22
What are some of the preferred brands of trousers that people buy for upscale business casual attire? I'm thinking more along the lines of slacks, nothing like chinos etc. There's a mens hab near my house that carries Hiltl, Ballin, Berle. These any good...or is there a better value to be had? I've gathered that the incotex and mabi are more along the lines of casual wear? Or am I way off with that?

Simply looking for some stuff to hold me over while I figure out my suit game.
 

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
5,059
Reaction score
131
Originally Posted by Rugger
I've gathered that the incotex and mabi are more along the lines of casual wear? Or am I way off with that?

You're way off, they do plenty of the more formal styles too.
 

Rugger

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
773
Reaction score
22
Just seems like the photos here of stuff for sale are thicker and might not hang well, but I guess that's just my ignorance?
 

Gwarg

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
331
Reaction score
57
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
You're way off, they do plenty of the more formal styles too.

+1, get these.
 

BlueHorseShoe

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Messages
523
Reaction score
11
Originally Posted by Rugger
What are some of the preferred brands of trousers that people buy for upscale business casual attire? I'm thinking more along the lines of slacks, nothing like chinos etc. There's a mens hab near my house that carries Hiltl, Ballin, Berle. These any good...or is there a better value to be had? I've gathered that the incotex and mabi are more along the lines of casual wear? Or am I way off with that?

Simply looking for some stuff to hold me over while I figure out my suit game.


Pretty vague stuff. Are you looking for slim or more full-cut? What kinds of materials? What price range?

Big difference between Ballin and Incotex, even though I'd venture to say my two pairs of Ballin pants are perfectly satisfactory.
 

Rugger

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
773
Reaction score
22
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
Pretty vague stuff. Are you looking for slim or more full-cut? What kinds of materials? What price range?

Big difference between Ballin and Incotex, even though I'd venture to say my two pairs of Ballin pants are perfectly satisfactory.


I'd like slim, but I have a big ass and thighs. Kind of an oxymoron. Don't know enough about materials to care, something nice though
Price? Well I want quality, something I can count on for a while. I could stomach around 150 for a pair.
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,062
Messages
9,191,287
Members
193,040
Latest member
xagfantar

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top