• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying jeans with a guaranteed waist and inseam size?

dc887766

Reaction score
I had an idea for a clothing business that I wanted to get some feedback on. Let me know what you think of this idea:

I'm 6'6" 170lbs. Needless to say, finding jeans/pants is always a nightmare for me. Between not having my inseam available in many styles (I'm a 32x36), the jeans I do find that are listed in my size often don't fit because they're shorter/longer than the listed inseam, and they shrink by varying amounts after washing them.

What I want to do is start a website that sells jeans that I have pre-washed and then measured the waist of the jeans and the outseam (the distance from the waist to the bottom of the outside of the leg). The website would list the jeans by their brand name (i.e. Levis 501 Original Fit) and the *actual* measured waist x outseam size for the customer to order.

I would definitely pay a premium for this, because I usually have to buy 2-3 pairs of jeans, and wash them to see if they fit. If they don't fit, I can't return them since I washed them already.

I'm curious if anyone else here would be interested in this website - would you pay a premium to know that a pair of jeans you purchased online have been verified to be the correct size to fit you?

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm curious if anyone else here would be interested in this website - would you pay a premium to know that a pair of jeans you purchased online have been verified to be the correct size to fit you?
Huh? Most people know their jeans size/fit. It's called taking measurements. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I know how to use both a tape measure and a washing machine, so no thanks.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
170? But it was just bulking season

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads