• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying Jeans Online, what is the "sell" for you?

nxt777

Reaction score
Hey all, as a newish denim line, about 2 years old now, we just now made a push to sell online. I am curious though if you buy jeans online what seals the deal for you to buy? the denim quality, the fit, the story, the celebrities wearing them? Number of physical stores sold in? Very curious to hear what guys find important when buying online.....

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nxt777
Hey all, as a newish denim line, about 2 years old now, we just now made a push to sell online. I am curious though if you buy jeans online what seals the deal for you to buy? the denim quality, the fit, the story, the celebrities wearing them? Number of physical stores sold in? Very curious to hear what guys find important when buying online.....
The fit, denim quality, and overall construction quality are the most important things to me as far as specifics of the jeans go. But the biggest factor for me to get me to buy online is a good return/exchange policy. Some stores really go the extra mile nowadays, including a prepaid postage label with every order for a possible return/exchange. These types of stores usually get the majority of my business.

nxt777

Reaction score
good to hear, we do offer free shipping on ALL orders and FREE shipping on returns, so hopefully we can begin to gain trust from future clients. Quality is pinnacle for the Kent Denim brand, as we continue forward in our business we want to always offer great service and amazing jeans.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Always the celebrities wearing them. I refuse to wear clothes that celebrities aren't seen wearing

nxt777

Reaction score
We have felt celebrities are not as strong as say the woman's market. If there are certain publications or tv shows that you find influencing your denim decisions please elaborate.

pdxpdx

Reaction score
You should have all of the measurements posted for each size. The vague measurements on your website do not help shoppers online attempt to buy jeans that would fit. This should at least include waist size, front rise, back rise, knee, hem. The more info the better if you are going after a market in this crowd. Looking at your jeans online I have no idea what these would compare to. Unlucky and Diesel is not a size comparison that means anything at all. They make tons of styles. Fit pics on the website should include front and back pics of all styles hemmed properly. This should show hot them fit when done right and even though they come with a generous inseam (which is great) they should look the best they can. Also where are these assembled. I assume China because it is not stated. Throw some pics up of actual people wearing these in the forum if you want to sell here. Sorry for the long note but I am bored. You will probably get chewed out here but you'll be better for it.

nxt777

Reaction score
Great reply thanks! we are constantly adding and evolving. Kent Denim is all made in USA with Cone Mills White Oak Denim, and Japanese Kuroki Denim. Some of the best rigid denim material to work with, it takes on a great natural fading. UNlike other Bigger lines that don't say where their japanese denim comes from we feel it is all about the ingredients. We will always tell you what kind of material we are using. That's what makes us different and what makes Kent Denim truly authentic, you know what you are getting. Thanks again for your feedback!

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ben Affleck is a guy that I look to a lot for style cues. When I see him wearing Rag and Bone, for instance, I know that it must be a high quality brand. So I check out Rag and Bone online. That's generally the best way to know that I'm buying something good online, since I can't actually touch the goods myself. Just off the top of my head, some other celebrities I look to for fashion ideas are- Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, and John Travolta. They are celebrities, so they obviously know what clothes are the best. If any of these guys wore Kent Denim, I might buy a pair. But right now, it's just another one of a thousand companies that makes jeans.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's good to see actual waist, rise, hem & knee measurements. Thigh (crotch to outer seam) would help a lot of buyers. Estimates of shrinkage after washing would be good too.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Biggest points will be: International shipping, fast customer service responses to questions, fit pics with model's measurements, and measurements for each size of the jean. Recommendations about how to size are most welcome. Buying jeans online is something I don't do anymore since I blew $300 on a pair that were just too small, you really have to remove all doubt that they'll fit the way the buyer wants to sell them to people who have other options.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have felt celebrities are not as strong as say the woman's market. If there are certain publications or tv shows that you find influencing your denim decisions please elaborate.

women usually buy dirt cheap versions of what celebs wear, they dont care about quality

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score

the fit that the particular jeans offer. or the supposed fit. the unique quality of the particular denim of the jean but that is more of a curiosity than an actual purchase to wear for long term.
fit is mostly why i would pay premium over anything else.
now if there was a cheap brand (at the level of levis, lucky, or anything) that has the superior fit of somet, pbj and the like , then i would buy that all the time.
luckily, diesel on sale is like that at times.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
I doubt I will ever buy jeans online again ( anything over 90) no matter what the 'deal' is. Not to mention some brands will stretch so much in a few days that you realize you should have sized down, and its too late for returns.

You need to get all the measurements for all the sizes you are selling. Do you sale any selvedge jeans?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need measurements for all sizes unless they remain unchanged over all the waist sizes (unlikely).

You have the relaxed description written under the slim grey.

You refer to some fit guide "at the bottom of the page" I don't see.

Fit pics on more people in real situations.

Need semi naked people to tell body type (ie N&F site).

Need model measurements.

Need strong return policy.

Need hem size under relaxed indigo.

You have two cuts - one with a 7" knee that surely excludes a huge percentile of the population and one "nightlife douchelord" (I think this quote is from the site) cut that I can parachute off buildings with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads