• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying jeans from Denimbar if I live in Canada? Please help

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in Canada and if I want to buy a pair of jeans from Denim Bar how would I go about it. The last time I tried ordering from Denimbar from Canada I had trouble doing so and my order didn't go through.

How about for customs? will Denimbar mark down the value of the jeans in order to not get charged? I think it has to be less than $20?

Plese help, thank you

iroh

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for 25 dollars i can buy them and ship them to you marking them with no value

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are near a border you can ship them to a letter carrier in the US and pick them up yourself.

ghulkhan's offer is probably the easiest

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just contact them directly. With a phone. Or email. It's easy.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
for 25 dollars i can buy them and ship them to you marking them with no value

are you being sarcastic?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what are you trying to get???

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pair of APC new standards

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
are you being sarcastic?

I read it as he is willing to help out by buying what you want from denimbar, marking it as a gift for nominal or no, value, and shipping to you from his personal address, all for $25. Sounds reasonable to me.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
no im not...

so why would i want to pay an extra $25 to you vs buying them directly from denimbar?

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't you the one who started this thread asking for help? How ungrateful you are, expecting him to go through the hassle of buying the stuff for you and then shipping it himself to you in Canada for nothing. Are you his gf? Be thankful he went out of his way to offer you a reasonable option.
frown.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rocks
Aren't you the one who started this thread asking for help? How ungrateful you are, expecting him to go through the hassle of buying the stuff for you and then shipping it himself to you in Canada for nothing. Are you his gf? Be thankful he went out of his way to offer you a reasonable option.
frown.gif

hehe.
some just think the world revolve around only themselves

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rocks
frown.gif

ummmm, denimbar does have international shipping, so i dunno why he even offered for me to pay EXTRA money to get the same pair of jeans from denimbar for less. Which was why I thought he was joking (or being an ass).

The real issue is this, the last time I tried using a Canadian credit card on the DB site it did not go through, so I was wondering if they fixed that. Or if they accept another form of payment, perhaps paypal.

TransparentCranium

Reaction score
I'm guessing he lives near the store. And is offereing to pick them up, and ship for 25 dollars. Which is 5 dollars less than denimbar will charge you. In the end, you don't get hit with duty and save $5 shipping. Denimbar accepts paypal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads