• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Buying Jack Purcell, white leather, in Vancouver Canada (local or online)?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
6,033
Reaction score
484
I'm looking for a pair of white leather Jack Purcells, just wondering if anybody knew a place locally in Vancouver, or online that sells them and will ship to Canada?

Thanks
 

pg34

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
There's a place in gastown that sells them for $110. I think it was Livestock at 239 Abbott Street.
 

sonick

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
6,033
Reaction score
484
Damn, $110 is overpriced. I found this one from a member who had experience with them: http://www.instepdrmartens.com/brows...2be/items.html for $60 USD, but they don't have my size (8.5 in Chucks, from what I read they fit almost the same as that? Or a tad small, so mabye 9).
 

pg34

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Yeah, $110 is way too much. Nice find on the site. I'm not sure how they fit, since I haven't tried them on. Nevertheless, I imagine they would fit similar to all Converses.
 

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2006
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
0
Yikes, $35 for shipping (if I read that site correctly)? Plus, they ship with UPS (brokerage fees), and don't forget taxes and duties on top of the $60. Oh the joys of being the little cousin of the north...
 

sonick

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
6,033
Reaction score
484
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Yikes, $35 for shipping (if I read that site correctly)? Plus, they ship with UPS (brokerage fees), and don't forget taxes and duties on top of the $60. Oh the joys of being the little cousin of the north...
They ship USPS Global ($12) outside the US, so its not too bad. That would have been my last resort, but unfortunately I didn't realize they did not have my size.
 

seen

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by sonick
Damn, $110 is overpriced. I found this one from a member who had experience with them:
http://www.instepdrmartens.com/brows...2be/items.html

for $60 USD, but they don't have my size (8.5 in Chucks, from what I read they fit almost the same as that? Or a tad small, so mabye 9).


I was the guy. I don't think there's anywhere in Canada that sells Purcells. The shipping was pretty cheap from this place. Got shafted a few bucks by UPS for duties, but still pretty far from $35 for shipping.
 

Michael1981

Senior Member
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by seen
I was the guy. I don't think there's anywhere in Canada that sells Purcells. The shipping was pretty cheap from this place. Got shafted a few bucks by UPS for duties, but still pretty far from $35 for shipping.

Alot of places here in Toronto sell Purcells; this season Browns/Holts and Aldo is carrying them in certain locations. As well as alot of the smaller shops on Queen street.
 

mendel

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2006
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by sonick
but they don't have my size (8.5 in Chucks, from what I read they fit almost the same as that? Or a tad small, so mabye 9).

On fit: I wear an 11 (eur 44) usually. The Varvatos Purcell slips on my feet right now are an 11 (eur 45), but in Chucks I buy a 10 (eur 43). I don't know if that helps or makes it worse.
 

swooc

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
254
Reaction score
111
Does anyone know more sites that have a wide range of chucks and ship internationally?
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 278 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 71 8.4%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 49 5.8%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.6%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 54 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,234
Messages
9,230,915
Members
193,766
Latest member
salvpi
Top