• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying Habits

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How often do you buy clothes? Is shopping seasonal for you or are you constantly kopping? Do you buy clothes that are out of season and save them for an a future season? Do you buy many pieces in a short amount of time or buy one or two at a time? Discuss.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on my location, mood, finances, etc.

I've bought absolutely nothing this year so far. But that's because my job situation has been uncertain (although, right now, looking quite good!) but once I am working I plan on dropping at least ~$1000 on stuff within the first month or so. If I'm in the city and working, I cop on the reg, shop at least once or twice a week. Looking for sales, browsing, people watching, etc. Usually if I'm not in a city, shop mostly online, copping deals.

Sometimes I don't know what I want to do, and just sit and wait until I get some divine inspiration... Other times I'm lusting after items, and cop with the quickness.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Constantly, constantly searching online. Cop maybe once every two weeks. B&M cops rare, usually just a t-shirt or underwear or something like that.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I constantly search two B&S forums for anything I like I have a list of things that I want that I review fairly regularly if I'm bored
laugh.gif
Most of my stuff is pretty planned i.e "a couple more knits" then I find stuff I like as it turns up eBay can be good I'm pretty focused on shoes atm so thats were alot of my extra funds are splitting

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have too much stuff, but will buy more if its cheap enough....

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't cop clothes.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
I constantly search two B&S forums for anything I like

I have a list of things that I want that I review fairly regularly if I'm bored
laugh.gif

Most of my stuff is pretty planned i.e "a couple more knits" then I find stuff I like as it turns up

Basically.
My kopping spree has gone down though, now that I've got a decent amount of clothes to wear. Maybe around 1-2 pieces a month if something I need pops up.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone sell me an Odyn Vovk tank, the fitted one, black or white, fitting a 46
Need it for super gym steeze

gotlighters

Reaction score
I'm always buying. it's a bad habit i've developed from being on this forum

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been slowing down more and more as time progresses. I shop maybe once a month these days.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy things slightly more than seasonal, but I'm always looking online. When a sale hits is usually when I'll actually break down and buy something. Very rarely will I ever pay full price.

Originally Posted by Razele
I have a list of things that I want that I review fairly regularly if I'm bored
laugh.gif

Pretty much this ^^. I have an excel document at work that makes it look like I'm actually working.

... Actually, now that I think about it... Do thrift store purchases count? Because I make a lot of those. Theres just something about buying good quality for dirt cheap.

This is probably sounding like I'm a cheapskate, but I have a mediocre income and I'm saving for a big event at the moment. After next October, I'm hoping I can devote a little more cash toward my wardrobe.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always looking at online shops, blogs, and runway shows (though I find B&S and supermarket too big of a clusterfuck to use
confused.gif
), but I buy things probably once or twice a month though, not weekly.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Depends mostly on finances/actual needs. I'm in the midst of a pretty big life shift where I'm trimming away at the excess things. Not just for clothing, either. In the last year, I've made countless trips to Goodwill's drop-off station, sold/given away maybe 100-200 of my DVDs, books, and magazines. Most of my life has been dominated by the drive to acquire and that's proven to not be a fulfilling path for me. I still love to visit the forums, peep clothing Web sites, and build wish lists. But I end up actually buying and KEEPING very little.

I've spent maybe $2,500-$3,000 on clothing since my shift from Hypebeast to where I'm at now. A good amount of that, however, has either been resold or returned. All told, my "SF-approved" wardrobe consists of:

• An Apolis waxed canvas jacket
  • Cropped trench
  • 3Sixteen duffle coat
  • W+H boots
  • 3 Epaulet shirts
  • 2 Uniqlo shirts

Other than that, I've got some basics like thermals and blank tees. But for as much time as I spend visiting these forums, clothing sites, and talking/thinking about fashion, I have a very minimalist wardrobe. My ex used to joke that for all the time I spent doing the above, I seemed to wear the same few things most of the time.

I've got a short wishlist for the coming summer months. A pair of nicer denim, Epaulet trousers, summer-esque shoes, and some inexpensive button-downs that I'll probably get tailored.

I'm impressed by some of the steady copping that happens around these parts, but when you see so much of it eventually end up in the B&S forum, you have to wonder how much of the copping is done for the consumer thrill of it all.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
None of the poll options are appropriate for me because you failed to include a "Kop daily" option.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads