• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well this person is either a complete ************* or a sarcastic genius

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards airheadshitforbrainidiot

What’s the oxymoron? Was she trying to insult you with the wrong word?
Judging by the feedback left for others, yes she was
There's another instance where she said a seller had oxymoronic customer service

Last edited:

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GOOD customer story for y'all this morning!

Was about to ship off an Arcteryx fleece when I noticed that it needed a customs form... It was an APO.

Destination...

McMurdo-ObHill.jpg

McMurdo Station, Antarctica.

I can now officially say I've shipped to every continent on Earth :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Pinged the customer, who has assured me she will give my regards to the local seal population. :)

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well this person is either a complete ************* or a sarcastic genius

I'm not getting a genius vibe from the comments she left. She is just one of those bitter, unhappy people who thinks everyone is out to shaft her.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the oxymoron? Was she trying to insult you with the wrong word?

She's left 22 negative or neutral feedback out of 72 left? I've barely left (or received, for that matter) more than half that many negs or neutrals on more than 15,000 transactions.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The nice thing is a day later, I've gotten no comments, no return request or feedback left...fingers crossed.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GOOD customer story for y'all this morning!

Was about to ship off an Arcteryx fleece when I noticed that it needed a customs form... It was an APO.

Destination...

McMurdo-ObHill.jpg

McMurdo Station, Antarctica.

I can now officially say I've shipped to every continent on Earth :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Pinged the customer, who has assured me she will give my regards to the local seal population. :)

This reminds me of the time I sent a $6000 camera lens to a remote outpost in Alaska. The buyer contacted me because they didn't have USPS service, and that's what the shipping was set for. They paid for FedEx Expedited shipping, left glowing feedback, and sent a print of one of their polar bear images as a thank you (which is still hanging on the wall). That was my single best sale ever (by every metric except percentage profit (I made $2000 on the sale...)).

I've never checked to see where the APO address I send to actually are. I wonder if I've ever sent anything to Antarctica? It's certainly possible with the amount of outdoors gear and clothing that I sell...

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So now, if you receive the offer, you cannot make a counteroffer or even decline the offer. The only option is to accept the offer. Of course, you can always do nothing and wait for the offer to expire, but that takes 48 hours.
This is really stupid.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So now, if you receive the offer, you cannot make a counteroffer or even decline the offer. The only option is to accept the offer. Of course, you can always do nothing and wait for the offer to expire, but that takes 48 hours.
This is really stupid.

Yeah, its a glitch I've been having since the "counteroffer option" was added to the feature, and I can't get ebay to believe me that it's even happening. I've had 7 or 8 buyers tell me this now.

Window

Reaction score
This is really stupid.

It's really eBay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads