• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't get the invite (hopefully it's just late), but check your inboxes for this offer from ebay in case you got one. I tried activating the one that was forwarded to me, but unfortunately it's by invitation only.

The email subject line should read "List men’s clothing now, save 20% on selling fees"

chiggyv

Reaction score
Speaking of GSP....

Package made it from Kentucky to Canada and was left by Purolator at the door. Surprise surprise it wasn't there when I got home. Now I'm stuck in an endless loop of "not our problem".

Funny thing is eBay's only suggestion is to open a case against the seller which seems wildly inappropriate in this situation.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of GSP....

Package made it from Kentucky to Canada and was left by Purolator at the door. Surprise surprise it wasn't there when I got home. Now I'm stuck in an endless loop of "not our problem".

Funny thing is eBay's only suggestion is to open a case against the seller which seems wildly inappropriate in this situation.
Unfortunately that won't do anything if the tracking says delivered. Hopefully it was just scanned wrong and will show up in the next day or two.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of GSP....

GSP sucks. I have started avoiding sellers who use it.
Canadian buyer (and occasional seller) here.
1. I always pay way more in duties/taxes.
2. Once package got "not able to deliver due to unknown address", the address where I receive all my stuff. There was no way finding out where is it, even with which local carrier. Ebay told me to open the case against seller. I told them I want the case against them... it's their service. Ebay won't take any responsibility for GSP. If you want your money back you have to take it from the seller, which is unfair. Package just showed up on my door after 1.5 months...

**** GSP. Sellers should avoid it as well.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GSP sucks. I have started avoiding sellers who use it.
Canadian buyer (and occasional seller) here.
1. I always pay way more in duties/taxes.
2. Once package got "not able to deliver due to unknown address", the address where I receive all my stuff. There was no way finding out where is it, even with which local carrier. Ebay told me to open the case against seller. I told them I want the case against them... it's their service. Ebay won't take any responsibility for GSP. If you want your money back you have to take it from the seller, which is unfair. Package just showed up on my door after 1.5 months...

**** GSP. Sellers should avoid it as well.

Here's why you probably pay more duties with GSPs. When I ship internationally, the default "country of origin" when filling in the customs information is USA. If items made in USA are NAFTA exempted from duties, 90% of sellers probably aren't changing that. I bet if more did, you'd see a lot more duty charge.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the re worked NAFTA going to affect us at all?
It was supposed to, but our trade negotiator knows how to wear a tight dress and I think your team was a little distracted the day that came up.
h=300

ETA: They raised the duty-free limit from $20 CAD to $150 CAD and the tax-free limit from $20 to $40 but that only applies to courier services like FedEx and UPS. Postal shipments remain at a $20 limit for duty and tax free status.

Edit #2: There's also a good chance the Americans were distracted by the hilarity of negotiating with a guy named Gerry Butts (the guy with the backpack)

Last edited:

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can always jerk $10 from my credit card? Really? What was the whole story? Your message said sorry for the mix up.

Its on a pair of Rayban Wayfarers, they're tortoise but she said they're basically just brown but instantly threw out that she'll just take a $10 partial and keep them. I checked her feedback and told her to return and I would refund in full, which she doesn't want to do. I tried to be nice and polite and not fight about it and just take the return.

And since then i've gotten about 10 messages

And my favorite so far

I've taken a policy that I have a very stressful day job and this is my relaxing side hustle and I don't even get angry anymore, just deal with it and stay polite.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its on a pair of Rayban Wayfarers, they're tortoise but she said they're basically just brown but instantly threw out that she'll just take a $10 partial and keep them. I checked her feedback and told her to return and I would refund in full, which she doesn't want to do. I tried to be nice and polite and not fight about it and just take the return.

And since then i've gotten about 10 messages

View attachment 1296819

And my favorite so far

View attachment 1296821

I've taken a policy that I have a very stressful day job and this is my relaxing side hustle and I don't even get angry anymore, just deal with it and stay polite.
What’s the oxymoron? Was she trying to insult you with the wrong word?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep. It’s in the feedback she left as well.

I’ll chip in ten bucks to get her a good OED.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics