• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this still considered feedback extortion?

F9CD2252-B330-4084-A330-FA78FB038128.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What doesn’t he just retract the bid his leg? I hate That **** man i alwyad Get the can you cancel my bid for me.
No do it yourself

That was how I responded to her first message. She had a lame excuse about having finished her Christmas shopping. Yeah, like that’s my problem.

Before her latest message, I was inclined to cancel the sale if she won. Now, I might let it go to let it go to an unpaid item case.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Chippewa boots I had the forced SNAD return with no reason given just sold again. Fingers crossed...

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The report buyer feature has been around for years, but some of the options/reasons have changed in the last year or so.
Yea I’ve seen the report buyer before but never seen that option

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question
Had a guy send me an offer on one of my items a couple of months ago, I countered, we went back and forth until he used up his 5 offers.
Now he messages me saying that he's willing to accept my final offer to him if i'm willing to sell it to him (which i am)
He can't send me an offer anymore - any way for me to send him one? otherwise i can just lower my BIN price and hope he snags it first

I have an idea. Lower the BIN price and don't give a **** whether he snags it first.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve done that before and people definitley have smiled the original person lol snooze ya lose

Exactly. Why give special treatment to someone who is milking 'make an offer' for all it is worth? If you want special treatment from me, buy a lot of stuff at my price. Those buyers sometimes get freebies thrown in.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with the "make offers to buyers" feature? Ever since they added the counteroffer option, I have had several buyers tell me they don't have any options at all except to accept. No counteroffer or decline options. They are having to wait 2 full days, until my offer expires, to send an offer. I also have not received a single counteroffer on offers sent using the feature, though I've been sending out about 100 per day. The tool was working great before they added the feature. Buyers would just decline and send me a new offer.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t used the counteroffer feature yet, so can’t comment on that. About 60% of my BIN sales this week were from offers sent out that way.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use the tool more as an advertisement, to try to get an offer out of the group of people who would normally never make an offer, but would rather wait until the item was reduced to their price point. I always send out just a 5% off offer with the following message "Offers welcome, combined shipping available on multi-item purchases. Thanks for shopping The SEAM Store" . It was working quite well before they "fixed" it

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BLOCK WITH PREJUDICE:

Screenshot_20191208-114506~2.png

Buyer disregarded "Away from office" message over Thanksgiving holidays and got pissed when I hadn't shipped, even though I explained the delay through multiple prompt messages. Opened an item not received case, and is now threatening negative feedback because he's mad his Bally moccasins have "thin soles". (Brand... New... Bally... Slip ons... Have... Thin... Soles... :mad::brick:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads