• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Question Guys!
I buyer stated item is broken "falling apart", but i know its NWT, i checked it prior shipping it next day delivery to USA via Fedex. He is not even providing a picture, but ebay is nor forcing me to pay for the return shipping which is very expensive, because i don't have a contract USA-> EU. I think the customer just don't want to pay return shipping... what would you do?
Thank you
Follow up, the buyer is not willing to provide evidence of a non-working item, but i need to know, if its realy broken to claim fedex insurance. What would you do?
Best

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question
Had a guy send me an offer on one of my items a couple of months ago, I countered, we went back and forth until he used up his 5 offers.
Now he messages me saying that he's willing to accept my final offer to him if i'm willing to sell it to him (which i am)
He can't send me an offer anymore - any way for me to send him one? otherwise i can just lower my BIN price and hope he snags it first

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question
Had a guy send me an offer on one of my items a couple of months ago, I countered, we went back and forth until he used up his 5 offers.
Now he messages me saying that he's willing to accept my final offer to him if i'm willing to sell it to him (which i am)
He can't send me an offer anymore - any way for me to send him one? otherwise i can just lower my BIN price and hope he snags it first

You could end it and restart it. Then he would have fresh offers to use.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question
Can't you just reply to his message with an offer?

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't you just reply to his message with an offer?

If only it were that simple, but no option to do that

You could end it and restart it. Then he would have fresh offers to use.

That's the best option. I'll list it at ~$50 more than what we agreed upon in the hopes that somebody else swoops in and buys it

madeinbogota

Reaction score
If a buyer tells me they're ready to pay a certain price that I'm happy with but I've already sent offers to x amount of buyers (meaning I can't change the listing price), I just end the listing and relist it at the price we agreed on. Done this many times & dunno if I've ever had an issue.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve got a lot of respect for people who learn a second language, but...is there a trick to get a native speaker on the phone?

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go back to his original message, it should have the "send offer" option enabled.
This is what I was saying earlier. Even if it's not the original message, when I clicked "Reply", I was given the option to reply with an offer. Just did this yesterday, actually. Does this get eliminated if all offers have been exhausted through the best offer option?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what I was saying earlier. Even if it's not the original message, when I clicked "Reply", I was given the option to reply with an offer. Just did this yesterday, actually. Does this get eliminated if all offers have been exhausted through the best offer option?
That's a good question. It should still be available.
edit: See @capnwes 's comment below.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes. The "reply with offer" option is only available if the buyer has offers remaining.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Why does he say he won’t take a picture?
He is not replaying at all. I think he just don't want to pay for the return shipping costs.
Any Ideas, how to get pics?
But if he is right, I pay for the return no problem, but have to conserve the Fedex Insurance (But almost impossible, i wrapped it 3 Times and a box) ...

THX

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads