• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unpaid item case was already on its second day, just trying to see if they maybe just maybe were still planning on paying

Still don’t understand why automatic payment isn’t required for eBay or Grailed. I mean, you have to do it online anyway...? :confused:

I think Poshmark has it right. If an offer’s accepted, you just get an email — Congrats, you bought it!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm really lazy about leaving feedback even though I know I should. I think what stops me is the requirement to leave a comment. They're always just so inane, I can't ******* stand them. Just let us click a thumbs up and move on.

eBay fills it in for you now. (It’s either the last positive comment you left, or a generic one). You don’t even have to write anything. Just click the button!

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still don’t understand why automatic payment isn’t required for eBay or Grailed. I mean, you have to do it online anyway...? :confused:

I think Poshmark has it right. If an offer’s accepted, you just get an email — Congrats, you bought it!
Yea that **** still doesn’t make sense, they should make yku pay as soon as the deal is done, i clikd See allowing 24 hours for an auction to pay but that it. 7 days is too long

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I meant the disparity between views and watchers.
I think I know what is going on. When you scroll down through the list of the items, it's possible to click on the watch button without opening that item so it does not count as a view even though the user clicked on the watch icon. That's probably what is going on.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I know what is going on. When you scroll down through the list of the items, it's possible to click on the watch button without opening that item so it does not count as a view even though the user clicked on the watch icon. That's probably what is going on.
I’ve accidentally done that a lot ever since the put the big heart icon on the front on mobile listings

madeinbogota

Reaction score
One for the block list. Said it was delivered never received, instructed him to contact his postmaster and local mail lady. Immediately opens a case on ebay for INR. Closed in my favor. Now threatening paypal/chargebacks.

View attachment 1291695

That's the Poshmark reseller mentioned by someone a few weeks ago. Some of these people are just unbelievable.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I don't send messages like this. I'll send a follow up invoice, give them a day and then open the unpaid item case. I'll occasionally have people request to cancel after the case is but tell them it can only be closed with receipt of payment. At a minimum, I want these morons to dinged with the unpaid case so it might weed them out for others.
How long do you wait before you open the Unpaid Item case, just out of interest.

madeinbogota

Reaction score

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol, that *is* clothesgamesmisc. I mentioned in the thrift thread I’d seen him make a funny comment on Poshmark.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is one of the things managed payments is supposed to fix when it fully rolls out next year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads