• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats for listing an outerwear vest though.
Right - just pointing out the option.

Totally unrelated: I really should have this memorized by now, but it's hard to find a clear answer. Are Church's branded shoes usually marked with US or UK size?

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used the suits&suit separates option for a jcrew moon tweed vest and had two watchers in a short time. If people can find my listings (smalltimer, ~20 sales a month), they'll certainly find yours.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Another one for those that preemptively block bad buyers. I made some grammatical errors because I am a little too relaxed

View attachment 1283993

This is neither here nor there, but I'm almost positive that person is an online flipper. Seen that username pop up a ton on Poshmark for liking things that are pretty high value/CM.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right - just pointing out the option.

Totally unrelated: I really should have this memorized by now, but it's hard to find a clear answer. Are Church's branded shoes usually marked with US or UK size?

View attachment 1283995

View attachment 1283996
Church's UK sizing looks like this: I've sold a lot of pairs and include this chart in the listing photos, never had any returns.
fullsizeoutput_1527.jpeg

But your shoes look marked for the US market, coincidentally in my size :thumbs-up: If I can get a look before they go on the Bay, it would be much appreciated!

Joefitz

Reaction score
What happened to to the search engine for suits? Can’t search for suits smaller than 40 or odd number sizes.

This is just devastating.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glitchy as ****. My initial problem was that they keychains saved in my computer were for GS 7, and now I'm using GS 8. So I deleted my eBay account from GS, rebooted, then added the eBay account back. That made it so I can upload and revise listings again. However, I'm still finding that after I select/enter all the item attributes, half of the time they revert back to defaults before I'm finished with the rest of the listing.

I assume they'll get this sorted, but it's a damn PITA.
Huge pain. I did notice that even though it doesn't look like it updates, click away to another listing then go back, it's there. Usually.

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
Did you provide an actual measurement?

No. I don't on multiquantity new items unless my arbitrary threshold determines it to be useful (i.e. used Kiton suit vs Levis 505 with tags). I used to have someone that came in 10 hours a week to measure multiquantity items but most buyers who lie will lie irregardless if the return isn't free. Most buyers don't read measurements but definitely on anything used above $20 and anything new above $90 that isn't niche. Otherwise it didn't make financial sense to measure as I kept getting ones that said measurements were wrong when it was really they didn't fit

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm just saying, without actual waist measurement specified, if I got a pair of jeans that were tagged a 34, but the actual waist measurement was off by that much to be 37 inches, I would probably ask for a return too. A waist measurement takes 2 seconds.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm just saying, without actual waist measurement specified, if I got a pair of jeans that were tagged a 34, but the actual waist measurement was off by that much to be 37 inches, I would probably ask for a return too. A waist measurement takes 2 seconds.

vanity sizing is not the seller’s fault, not is it required to be measured. If a buyer doesn’t know his size ona given brand, he should not be buying them online.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No. I don't on multiquantity new items unless my arbitrary threshold determines it to be useful (i.e. used Kiton suit vs Levis 505 with tags). I used to have someone that came in 10 hours a week to measure multiquantity items but most buyers who lie will lie irregardless if the return isn't free. Most buyers don't read measurements but definitely on anything used above $20 and anything new above $90 that isn't niche. Otherwise it didn't make financial sense to measure as I kept getting ones that said measurements were wrong when it was really they didn't fit
So the jeans were New Levis? If so you could direct them to the care tag which usually indicates a shrinkage rate of 5%-8%. So they would likely fit after washing.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vanity sizing is not the seller’s fault, not is it required to be measured. If a buyer doesn’t know his size ona given brand, he should not be buying them online.

Yeah, but like I said, it only takes a couple of seconds to provide the waist measurement. I mean, we aren't new to selling on Ebay, and we know the types of buyers on Ebay, and we also know how Ebay treats sellers vs buyers, so I try to avoid these kind of issues, instead of sticking to the "I'm right, I'm not required to provide that, and you're dishonest" stance.

Hopefully, that was not "clothesgamesmisc"'s first or initial response to the customer. It just reads terrible from a seller.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but like I said, it only takes a couple of seconds to provide the waist measurement. I mean, we aren't new to selling on Ebay, and we know the types of buyers on Ebay, and we also know how Ebay treats sellers vs buyers, so I try to avoid these kind of issues, instead of sticking to the "I'm right, I'm not required to provide that, and you're dishonest" stance.

Hopefully, that was not "clothesgamesmisc"'s first or initial response to the customer. It just reads terrible from a seller.

This isn’t a case where the item was shrunk in the wash or defective. If the item is sized to manufacturers specs, there is no need for measurements. If they were altered, then yes, you should provide measurements.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads