• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH, I typically do have auto-decline (though I set it at around 25% because I don't mind the back and forth)
Unsure why this one slipped through. Like Wes said above, I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was a typo. Maybe he meant $50, or $45

His counter of $6 was also accompanied with a message saying that since he got a similar shirt for $30 NWT, $6 + my $19 shipping for a total of $25 was fair for a pre-owned shirt.
So yeah, it was a serious offer. Lol

Side note - I should probably look at revising my $19 shipping charge....
$25 for the shirt with free
Paypal working capital loans. No credit check, no interest. One time flat fee based on borrowed amount, payback percentage and sales volume. Loan payments come out of each payment you receive, at a percentage of your choosing, 10% through 30%.

I just got offered $88K....coincidentally the same cost as my wife's upcoming grad school....hmmm.
From my research, PP working capital is a good plan. However, if everyone is forced into eBay's managed payments program, how would that affect their ability to collect their percentage?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$25 for the shirt with free

From my research, PP working capital is a good plan. However, if everyone is forced into eBay's managed payments program, how would that affect their ability to collect their percentage?
You are currently not allowed to opt into managed payments if you have a Paypal Working capital loan, as it would be a violation of the loan agreement. I received an email from paypal a while back stating that they are working on a solution for ebay managed payments for the future...but who knows. Also, I have been recently receiving mail and email about Paypal Business Loans, with monthly payments. Perhaps that is going to be solution going forward. Not sure.

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
You are currently not allowed to opt into managed payments if you have a Paypal Working capital loan, as it would be a violation of the loan agreement. I received an email from paypal a while back stating that they are working on a solution for ebay managed payments for the future...but who knows. Also, I have been recently receiving mail and email about Paypal Business Loans, with monthly payments. Perhaps that is going to be solution going forward. Not sure.

Looks like Square is offering similar loans through ebay. It is indeed a violation and I believe they can immediately call in the loan.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Mhhhhhhhh.....

Attachments

• Screenshot at Nov. 20 19-40-20.png
    Screenshot at Nov. 20 19-40-20.png
    59 KB · Views: 29

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What category, GarageSale users, are you using for vests, like waist coats? Looks like they eliminated it. Sleeveless shirt? View attachment 1283761
Under Suit/Suit Separates, I've been putting them under the "type" attribute/item specific "suit vest"

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 2.05.03 PM.png

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When doing a suit search, size 38 isn't an option anymore in the side column. Starts at 40 (???).

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're actively handling a huge number of issues with 8. I've downloaded the 8.05 BETA and it's better but still glitchy.

Glitchy as ****. My initial problem was that they keychains saved in my computer were for GS 7, and now I'm using GS 8. So I deleted my eBay account from GS, rebooted, then added the eBay account back. That made it so I can upload and revise listings again. However, I'm still finding that after I select/enter all the item attributes, half of the time they revert back to defaults before I'm finished with the rest of the listing.

I assume they'll get this sorted, but it's a damn PITA.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the search side, I can’t search for a vest without returning (mostly) jackets. Saved search does this as well, making it pretty much useless.

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
Another one for those that preemptively block bad buyers. I made some grammatical errors because I am a little too relaxed

Screenshot_20191120-190227.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads