• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

div25sec9

Reaction score
We just got Poshmark here in Canada; here's some pros and cons so far
- con - the fees are high, so I just tack it on to what I'm charging for the same item on ebay
- pro - shipping is easy, they send the labels
- pro - I had a dispute, and it was settled in my favour. I was thinking that I was going to lose for sure because of what I had become accustomed to on ebay, but they decided with me. It was a pair of unmarked size boots, that the customer claimed were NOD because they fit too small, so I was suprised when they gave their decision.
- con - their inventory management is ******. It's harder to keep track of things there when trying to sell on multiple platforms.
- con - not easy to communicate with buyers, all public @ mentions, no private messages.

Sales have been good there though, a lot better than I anticipated. Far outperforming Grailed for me now.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just got Poshmark here in Canada; here's some pros and cons so far
- con - the fees are high, so I just tack it on to what I'm charging for the same item on ebay
- pro - shipping is easy, they send the labels
- pro - I had a dispute, and it was settled in my favour. I was thinking that I was going to lose for sure because of what I had become accustomed to on ebay, but they decided with me. It was a pair of unmarked size boots, that the customer claimed were NOD because they fit too small, so I was suprised when they gave their decision.
- con - their inventory management is ******. It's harder to keep track of things there when trying to sell on multiple platforms.
- con - not easy to communicate with buyers, all public @ mentions, no private messages.

Sales have been good there though, a lot better than I anticipated. Far outperforming Grailed for me now.
Having had a couple of legitimate returns(obvious undisclosed holes) as a buyer on Poshmark, I can tell you that they are definitely seller friendly. Unlikely eBay, they put the onus on the buyer to prove an item is not as described. As a seller, I would think their policies, if they stay this way, would weed out scammers pretty quickly.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
+1 to both of those replies above me. Poshmark is definitely seller friendly, and pretty hassle-free overall. Been really surprised at some of the CM I've been able to move for good money on there too.

Last edited:

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
Having had a couple of legitimate returns(obvious undisclosed holes) as a buyer on Poshmark, I can tell you that they are definitely seller friendly. Unlikely eBay, they put the onus on the buyer to prove an item is not as described. As a seller, I would think their policies, if they stay this way, would weed out scammers pretty quickly.

Coming from someone that buys quite alot on here you have to make a rock solid case to get a return on poshmark. The sellers are typically IME very negligent and fail to mention obvious flaws (missing buttons etc) and call things "good condition" or "NWOT" when things have been clearly worn. I return about 20% of my purchases, then again I am purchasing from average peeps. I've had 8 cases against me as a seller there and I've won every single one. The buyers there aren't used to having to make a convincing case.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a buyer, NWOT is sketchy as hell. I bought a "NWOT" Drake's scarf off ebay a couple of years ago, and when it arrived, it was not only obvious that it wasn't new, it was also obvious that the seller had washed it and shrunk it. Luckily I had an identical scarf in a different color so that I could demonstrate easily. There's definitely got to be a balance between buyer and seller protections.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are two types of women on Poshmark: those with “husbands”, and those with husbands. The former have men’s shoes listed in every size, shoes hubby has only worn a couple of times. (Presumably because no one wears both a size 7 and 13). The latter — those with true blue husbands — are a godsend. I have a small cache of them bookmarked. Hubby likes the good stuff. The wife likes to Poshmark. She sells her own clothes at market rate, but the husband’s? No way. Any offer seems like a good offer.

This is the best way to Poshmark.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just had a meeting with my investments portfolio guy. Decided to take a box of assorted ties in with me. He bought 3, friends and family. No fees, no shipping, and no returns (except on my investments). Loving that.

Plus, he's going to hook me up with his investment buddies in town. Bringing back the door to door salesman.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^A few years ago I bought a BUNCH of isaia off a woman who was cleaning out her hubby's closet, messaged her off an ebay listing. Hubby is my size, but getting bigger in all the wrong places, apparently. It wasn't dirt cheap, but paid no more than $150/suit, several items are still in rotation today, including this textured silk sport coat I'm wearing today.
20191112_144138.jpg

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
^A few years ago I bought a BUNCH of isaia off a woman who was cleaning out her hubby's closet, messaged her off an ebay listing. Hubby is my size, but getting bigger in all the wrong places, apparently. It wasn't dirt cheap, but paid no more than $150/suit, several items are still in rotation today, including this textured silk sport coat I'm wearing today.
View attachment 1278010

smdh y'all got me beat. I have no excuse to wear a suit because I only leave the house to thrift. /nolife

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had a meeting with my investments portfolio guy. Decided to take a box of assorted ties in with me. He bought 3, friends and family. No fees, no shipping, and no returns (except on my investments). Loving that.

Plus, he's going to hook me up with his investment buddies in town. Bringing back the door to door salesman.
Absolutely agree with this. I sell lots of items to my wife's colleagues. A few of these doctors said they would never wear "used" clothing. After a while, they saw the relative bargains that their co-workers were getting. Now, they proudly buy from me. Whenever I get a large haul of something, I send them an email before I even unload it at the house.

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
Heads up to you guys, be careful how you photograph Zara if you ever pick up that trash. One of their lawyers had my original photo removed from the listing and claimed it was a stolen stock photo. Glad it was an old listing before I started watermarking. Just another one to add to the list. Forgot to mention this a few months ago.

eddiegreen

Reaction score

No scammers, no long message exchanges, no unwarranted feedback, it’s so liberating that I prefer to sell items for £10 at car boot sale than anything less than £25 on eBay

rhyme

Reaction score
Another pro for Poshmark is they authenticate goods purchase above $500 which is great for people like me who are offloading high end bags. Atleast I am not worried about buyer claiming its non authentic and sending me a generic bag back.

For everything else its Mercari. I think they charge 10% and cheap stuff sells quick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads