• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flashbang

Reaction score
Alrighty, had my first crappy experience.

Sold this buyer a pair of Akoo seafoam green jeans. He said he’d take them for asking price if I paid shipping and I obliged. They arrived today, and shortly afterward, I get this message:

”Hold on!!! U didn't say these jeans had a hole n one pant leg. I cant accept these like dat, i need my money back.”

Let’s take a look at the listing:

Sent him this photo and another of the full description which refers to them as “heavily distressed” and he comes back with a:

”U didn't make it clear that the right leg had a hole in it, by looking at the pics i cant tell its a hole in them. U should have made that clear so i would have known and decided if i want them then. I know and u know as well thoes pants wasn't originally made that way so dont try and play me.”

Zooming in on the listing photo above:

I’m visually impaired and it is plainly obvious to me that this is a hole. Interior color matches the interior color of the jeans in other pictures and there’s a shadow being cast into it.

But I figured whatever, fine, mistakes happen and I can’t find a photo of Akoo jeans with a similar hole, and it is understandably kind of weird, so I hit accept and tell him he’ll be responsible for return shipping.

But because I accepted it for the item being damaged, I can’t have him pay return shipping.

So now I’m out shipping both ways and lost the sale all together. Whoops. But I guess that’s better than taking negative feedback or fighting with him over eBay disputes given how eBay tends to resolve disputes...

So that’s my venting for now. ?

mrFurly

Reaction score
I’ve been wondering if parts of eBay are being affected by the blackouts in California lately. I know their headquarters aren’t in the affected areas, but if some of their servers are, it might explain some of the issues.
Sales have also been really low since Monday, though I suppose that could be random.
yea things have been off.

Im also wondering if its due to them changing the item info AGAIN today.
The last time they did that (a few weeks ago?) things were off too.

But I see they changed the Suit/Sport Coat category, so we have to go in there and change the sizing on all of our listings :brick: .

If im wrong about that...please someone tell me.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, had my first crappy experience.

Sold this buyer a pair of Akoo seafoam green jeans. He said he’d take them for asking price if I paid shipping and I obliged. They arrived today, and shortly afterward, I get this message:

”Hold on!!! U didn't say these jeans had a hole n one pant leg. I cant accept these like dat, i need my money back.”

Let’s take a look at the listing:
View attachment 1260982

Sent him this photo and another of the full description which refers to them as “heavily distressed” and he comes back with a:

”U didn't make it clear that the right leg had a hole in it, by looking at the pics i cant tell its a hole in them. U should have made that clear so i would have known and decided if i want them then. I know and u know as well thoes pants wasn't originally made that way so dont try and play me.”

Zooming in on the listing photo above:
View attachment 1260985

I’m visually impaired and it is plainly obvious to me that this is a hole. Interior color matches the interior color of the jeans in other pictures and there’s a shadow being cast into it.

But I figured whatever, fine, mistakes happen and I can’t find a photo of Akoo jeans with a similar hole, and it is understandably kind of weird, so I hit accept and tell him he’ll be responsible for return shipping.

But because I accepted it for the item being damaged, I can’t have him pay return shipping.

So now I’m out shipping both ways and lost the sale all together. Whoops. But I guess that’s better than taking negative feedback or fighting with him over eBay disputes given how eBay tends to resolve disputes...

So that’s my venting for now. ?

If you are going to sell A King Of Oneself clothing, you are going to have to put up with the people that buy them.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been wondering if parts of eBay are being affected by the blackouts in California lately. I know their headquarters aren’t in the affected areas, but if some of their servers are, it might explain some of the issues.
Sales have also been really low since Monday, though I suppose that could be random.

That could explain some of the intermittent loading of information (i.e. the shipping, notifications, and data not updating), but what about the shoe sizing thing?

They've messed with the categories for sure (unless I'm hallucinating). There is an extra layer in Clothing Shoes and Accessories (check Garage Sale if you use it).

Flashbang

Reaction score
When i looked At it it looked like a hole with a green back patch (I see stuff like that slot with distressed jeans) it’s actually kind of hard to tell it’s a giant circle cut out

dont try and play me

But yeah, no, I get that, and appreciate the opposing view. In retrospect I could’ve done a closeup on it but I didn’t see it as unclear in the first place so never occurred to me, guess it’s a learning experience.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont try and play me

But yeah, no, I get that, and appreciate the opposing view. In retrospect I could’ve done a closeup on it but I didn’t see it as unclear in the first place so never occurred to me, guess it’s a learning experience.

Never underestimate how many idiots there are in the world.

Make holes as obvious as possible in pictures, and specifically call out in description that there are holes. To those of us here, "destroyed" means "full of holes", but not everyone else is operating on the same wavelength.

Also, make sure that you're uploading high resolution shots to your listings. I don't know if the pic you posted above is the same resolution as what you're posting, but it looked a bit pixelated when I looked at it on my phone.

Flashbang

Reaction score
Never underestimate how many idiots there are in the world.

Make holes as obvious as possible in pictures, and specifically call out in description that there are holes. To those of us here, "destroyed" means "full of holes", but not everyone else is operating on the same wavelength.

Also, make sure that you're uploading high resolution shots to your listings. I don't know if the pic you posted above is the same resolution as what you're posting, but it looked a bit pixelated when I looked at it on my phone.

Losing a lot of clarity in the screenshots, plus the hole image being pretty zoomed In, so that should explain it. Duly noted though, photographing the hole itself as an independent image should been fine.

Anyway, yeah, let’s just hope I don’t get them back washed and bleached and ruined. Ha

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing a lot of clarity in the screenshots, plus the hole image being pretty zoomed In, so that should explain it. Duly noted though, photographing the hole itself as an independent image should been fine.

Anyway, yeah, let’s just hope I don’t get them back washed and bleached and ruined. Ha

When photographing holes, I usually put my hand behind it. Like I said, make it as obvious as you can.
The other thing that helps the psyche is to understand that 99.9% of people out there aren’t trying to eff you over. It’s likely just a misunderstanding on your buyer’s part.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw the shadow, but I also thought it was patched. That hole is so symmetrical; who would do that without patching it? :confused:

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand the frustration with returns, but even when I look at the zoomed in version, it looks like a patch to me.

rhz5001

Reaction score
FYI your past listing sizes probably aren't searchable. eBay fucked up and it didn't carry over so most of your items will have size required. They haven't come out with a fix yet so I manually edited 1200 because my bulk editor also doesn't work. (600 to go)

Love how eBay puts sellers to the highest standards but then randomly deletes all but 1 photo of your items, makes your current listings not searchable, ect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads