• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you declined something similar previously? Only worried he'll open something with PayPal.

It is quite obviously a buyers remorse case / hoping to get some money back.
Yea I’ve had many instances like that. Just keep records of all communications, feedback, and everything in case he opens a PayPal case. If he does just upload your evidence and you should be fine

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently had an international buyer (https://www.ebay.com/usr/daha_4412 - add to your block list) who bought a NWT Sartorio suit from me. My listing's return policy only accepts returns from domestic buyers, but not from international buyers.

He first requested a return through ebay stating “It doesn't fit". And I have all the detailed measurements provided. After I talked with eBay customer service. I respectfully declined his request.

Subsequently, he opened up a "SNAD" case on Paypal. I called paypal customer service. It was an obvious buyer's remorse case. In less than 5 min, paypal decided the case in my favor.

bert9000

Reaction score
Re: measurement questions. I provide waist, inseam, thigh, and rise measurements for pants, as well as cuffs / room to let out where applicable. I often get questions about leg opening. Not once has answering this question resulted in a sale. Now I just tell anyone requesting additional measurements / photos that the item is in storage and they're out of luck.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: measurement questions. I provide waist, inseam, thigh, and rise measurements for pants, as well as cuffs / room to let out where applicable. I often get questions about leg opening. Not once has answering this question resulted in a sale. By now I just tell the buyer the item is in storage and they're out of luck.

That’s another measurement that varies drastically with era and style. It’s far easier to just provide the measurements at the time of listing.

bert9000

Reaction score
Yeah, I take that measurement now. But no way am I digging through my inventory just to have a buyer flake on a 30 dollar pair of pants.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I declined the return so we'll see how that goes...

Buyer quickly escalated from "It simply doesn't fit" to saying there was something wrong with it when he realised he wouldn't be getting money back.

Just hope Paypal (if he does open a case) will be able to see the obvious; although I'm not expecting them to understand the intricacies of "spalla camicia" :crazy:

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well PayPal i hope Isn’t that stupid. I hate When the “this is all wrong i hate It I refuse to keep it you fucked up....... but for a $50 refund ill keep it”

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well PayPal i hope Isn’t that stupid. I hate When the “this is all wrong i hate It I refuse to keep it you fucked up....... but for a $50 refund ill keep it”

It's a simple shakedown. Good thing the buyer took it to paypal instead of going a different direction which I need not detail.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh well he has opened a PayPal case now so I'll let you know.

I've simply pointed out that the buyer received the item on 31/08, left positive feedback, then opened a return case on 09/09 saying "it simply does not fit" and has now started saying the item is defective in the PayPal SNAD which he never mentioned before. He has obviously not uploaded any photos to prove his claim.

Always quite stressful when stuff like this happens!

Last edited:

bert9000

Reaction score
Can I get some help with the names of these patterns?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen as the buyer stated vaguely in the SNAD reason that the shoulders were defective (no padding on a Neapolitan jacket)...the case hasn't been closed immediately and they've given him three days to prove that...

The rep agreed with me it's clearly a case of buyer's remorse but that's what the claims team have told him to do. Not looking hopeful on this one right now...

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen as the buyer stated vaguely in the SNAD reason that the shoulders were defective (no padding on a Neapolitan jacket)...the case hasn't been closed immediately and they've given him three days to prove that...

The rep agreed with me it's clearly a case of buyer's remorse but that's what the claims team have told him to do. Not looking hopeful on this one right now...
How is he going to prove that?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s another measurement that varies drastically with era and style. It’s far easier to just provide the measurements at the time of listing.
True, then you only have to reply “ please see the description for detailed measurements”, since no one reads it beforehand.

Of course then there’s always that guy who wants you to take pictures of the measurement being taken.

madeinbogota

Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, then you only have to reply “ please see the description for detailed measurements”, since no one reads it beforehand.

Of course then there’s always that guy who wants you to take pictures of the measurement being taken.

See, now that’s an instablock from me. If you don’t trust sellers, I don’t trust you to be a good buyer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads