• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are dealing with a dishonest buyer eBay is no use. Ultimately you will probably have to take the return and they’ll discount the refund by a few bucks. I try to screen for bad buyers, but once you encounter one eBay will give you little to no help. Also see KBadgley’s comments above.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a return the buyer said was damaged?? He said the shoes had an odor? I got the shoes back and no odor. I sold them as new with the box. He did not return the original box and tissues. The box had the price tag attached. If I accept the return, I can not sell them as NIB. This would lower the asking price? Help!!

Call eBay ASAP. Do not do anything online.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a return the buyer said was damaged?? He said the shoes had an odor? I got the shoes back and no odor. I sold them as new with the box. He did not return the original box and tissues. The box had the price tag attached. If I accept the return, I can not sell them as NIB. This would lower the asking price? Help!!
If not sent back in original condition call eBay immediately, get him to admit he sent them back without box and tissues

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had a dick commit to buy 13 of my items then immediately leave negative feedback on all of them (without paying, obviously). He’s upset about a previous transaction, one which I have been going out of my way to try and help see if the carrier insurance will cover the lost item. He didn’t pay for the insurance, and he used a forwarding service to another country.
If insurance paid out I was going to refund him, but now I don’t think I will (in the slight chance they cover the loss, which is unlikely anyway). eBay CS already removed the negatives and reported his abuse of the system. Happy weekend, all!
73035787-A0E7-4BF6-A613-01ED8DE83A3D.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had a dick commit to buy 13 of my items then immediately leave negative feedback on all of them (without paying, obviously). He’s upset about a previous transaction, one which I have been going out of my way to try and help see if the carrier insurance will cover the lost item. He didn’t pay for the insurance, and he used a forwarding service to another country.
If insurance paid out I was going to refund him, but now I don’t think I will (in the slight chance they cover the loss, which is unlikely anyway). eBay CS already removed the negatives and reported his abuse of the system. Happy weekend, all!
View attachment 1225707

Username? What a dick...

I’m assuming eBay sides with you on the first case?

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Username? What a dick...

I’m assuming eBay sides with you on the first case?
Yeah, they sided with me. Now I just get to wait and see what other retaliation he tries. Chargeback? Sending someone/something to my return address? I’ve never dealt with an international customer in this situation.

I now see why people use PO Boxes or business addresses.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1225707
Yeah, they sided with me. Now I just get to wait and see what other retaliation he tries. Chargeback? Sending someone/something to my return address? I’ve never dealt with an international customer in this situation.

I now see why people use PO Boxes or business addresses.

That’s exactly why I have a PO Box. I had an angry buyer threaten to come visit me at home.

Window

Reaction score
You may or may not want to block this guy. I noticed familiar sellers have left him positive feedback. In my case he opened a return request on a suit then immediately escalated the return to a case. I offer free returns and he's only in the next state over, so I'm not quite sure what his game is. Either way I'd rather not deal with him again.

Attachments

• idiot buyer.png
    idiot buyer.png
    645 bytes · Views: 92

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys, a question: How creative and/or suggestive can one get with listing titles? Alternately: can titles be something dopey/funny/intriguing — something that will actually get views — but lack the usual keywords? Or will eBay sanction you?

haloitsme

Reaction score
Anyone very experienced selling Jil Sander NWT men on the bay and want to share some insights. Have oppturunity to buy a bunch for very cheap. Thanks like 2-5 years old.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads