• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But think of the points.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Two non-paying buyers as of late to avoid: aceve_santi and maila5

Also, had a nightmare of a time with this buyer these past few days: kimieric2013

Purchased a cash Brioni overcoat for $425, then opens a return case due to one missing button, refuses to work with me, and has been pretty rude through the whole process. Would definitely steer clear in the future.

vestbash

Reaction score
2 questions...

Lets say I watermark each photo with my business/ebay logo. Underneath my logo and I allowed to put the instagram logo to let people know that I have an instagram?

Am I allowed to include an image of just my logo as the last picture in a listing? This image would not have a photo of the product in it.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 questions...

Lets say I watermark each photo with my business/ebay logo. Underneath my logo and I allowed to put the instagram logo to let people know that I have an instagram?

Am I allowed to include an image of just my logo as the last picture in a listing? This image would not have a photo of the product in it.

I could’ve sworn eBay changed their policy and are starting to remove listings with watermarked photos when they find them.

vestbash

Reaction score
I could’ve sworn eBay changed their policy and are starting to remove listings with watermarked photos when they find them.

There are several sellers in the clothing category that have watermarked photos. I called and asked ebay these 2 questions and a non-US based rep responded that I could. For obvious reasons I don't fully trust what they're saying.

sandfourman

Reaction score
So I got a photo question. Currently I live in a studio apt so I dont have that much space. The apt has a backyard with a table. I sometimes use that for items like ties and shoes. And when i can at work i use the photo room. However i can't always use the photo room. Because of that I have a back log growing and I can come up with a way to take pictures. Googling has lead me to youtubers who aren't really helpful so I thought I would ask here.

div25sec9

Reaction score
Here's some more for the blocked list:

kimieric2013, korhasenoehr-0, trusk_vladi

djb724
ordered pants and asked about the rise. I sent him measurements and of course he created a NAD return stating that they didn't fit due to the rise being too low. He immediately proceeds to order another pair of pants that measure only half an inch difference in the rise. He won't respond to my messages stating they won't fit because they're the same measurements as the last pair that didn't fit him. I sent him a cancel request to give him a way out, and he canceled that. I'm expecting another return :(

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Here's some more for the blocked list:

kimieric2013, korhasenoehr-0, trusk_vladi

djb724
ordered pants and asked about the rise. I sent him measurements and of course he created a NAD return stating that they didn't fit due to the rise being too low. He immediately proceeds to order another pair of pants that measure only half an inch difference in the rise. He won't respond to my messages stating they won't fit because they're the same measurements as the last pair that didn't fit him. I sent him a cancel request to give him a way out, and he canceled that. I'm expecting another return :(

I just posted about my nightmare with kimieric2013 a few days ago, what was your experience?

compuccesory

Reaction score
Not turning on the make offer option on auctions anymore. People are too ******* cheap and stupid to realize it’s not to make offers below starting price
I'm not a seller so I don't know but isn't there some option to just ignore offers below a certain point? I tried making offers on a suit and just got instantaenous rejections so I assume that's what it was. Lady later sold the suit for significantly less than my highest offer that she instant-rejected so

eddiegreen

Reaction score
There’s a noticeable surge in sales just before eBay monthly invoice is due and a noticeable drop in sales after invoice has been paid, so now I pay 2 weeks later every month?.
I sell BINOBO but when I get an offer I’m willing to accept, I won’t commit by clicking ‘accept offer’ which gives them an extra 2 days to pay or 5 days to relist if they never pay, I change price of the listing and let them know I changed it for them so that immediate payment is still in effect.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I got a photo question. Currently I live in a studio apt so I dont have that much space. The apt has a backyard with a table. I sometimes use that for items like ties and shoes. And when i can at work i use the photo room. However i can't always use the photo room. Because of that I have a back log growing and I can come up with a way to take pictures. Googling has lead me to youtubers who aren't really helpful so I thought I would ask here.
So....what’s the question?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes. They did, it was originally set to be effective in March 2018. However, shortly after I completed all the hours of photo updates, they postponed (possibly cancelled) the requirement and haven’t mentioned it since. As I understood it, It has something to do with google image search preferring clean white backgrounds without watermarks. I haven’t re-added a watermark for fear I will have to change thousands of listings again if they decide to make us all hoopjump again.

EDIT:

Just found the announcement. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Annou...moval-Policy-Enforcement-Update/ba-p/27803744

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads