• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@noob in 89
Cool pattern, may you tell me the brand? Pattern?
Best

Sure, it’s an Engineered Garments Loiter jacket. It’s listed as a “foulard jacquard” jacket at the one online vendor I’ve found. Unfortunately, EG doesn’t post everything they make on their web site, so you’ll only find out about certain things years later. :-/

If you’re unfamiliar with the brand, I’d say try a Bedford model jacket, which seems to be most people’s favorite. The Loiter is less substantial, closer to a shirt jacket, though that often means you’ll find more adventurous patterns.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1198460

Sure, it’s an Engineered Garments Loiter jacket. It’s listed as a “foulard jacquard” jacket at the one online vendor I’ve found. Unfortunately, EG doesn’t post everything they make on their web site, so you’ll only find out about certain things years later. :-/

If you’re unfamiliar with the brand, I’d say try a Bedford model jacket, which seems to be most people’s favorite. The Loiter is less substantial, closer to a shirt jacket, though that often means you’ll find more adventurous patterns.
Well **** i thkught It was a formal type blazer, that things badass. Just bring up the damage and see what they offer. I’m sure either you or someone on here could do some badass stitching to fix the half added one

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I contacted EG about something a couple years ago, they offered to do the repair, it was seams, not fabric for me, so would have been pure tailoring but maybe if its recent they have the fabric and they can do a good patch. If it's something super rare that you love you might have to pay a little more than you're getting back from the seller to make it right.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s very cool! The Nepenthes guys are always super-helpful when I’ve spoken with them over the phone; thing is I think someone there already did the repair. :p

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just took down the rest of my Sealskinz inventory. I expect problems with orders to plummet.

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
hello gents: I mostly don’t offer returns and make it pretty clear on my listings. I got a return request yesterday for "item doesn't fit" . If I select the “send the buyer a message” option does it eliminate my chance of straight up declining his return request?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened?

The US company has a new management team and they’re trying to minimize the number of retailers who carry their products online, and I cannot compete with Sierra Trading Post. Frankly, I’m okay with it. The product took up a lot of space, and sales have been really slow for the past six months.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
update: cannot find the OG post but i was asking about eBay pic compression and i think it simply boils down to pixel dimensions. best i can tell above 500 pixels eBay applies compression which is funny since they solicit larger pics. but then those get resized etc. @capnwes i think found a similar issue.

i think it may be different for folks who use the scrolling pic approach (i guess they use third party software?), i prefer the native browsing tools but this issue creating something of an impasse for me.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question as a seller:

I received an offer for my BIN price with the follow message. Should I respond via ebay messages saying I accept the payment methods listed and I will ship tomorrow? I have 'free expedited' as the method on the listing.

Message from xxxxxxx:
Hello please contact me for the payment and the shipping because am in need of this item as am getting it as a gift my NUMBER Is xxxxx or gmail at (email address) get back to me asap

My gut is telling me this person is going to be a hassle, but maybe I'm over thinking this?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question as a seller:

I received an offer for my BIN price with the follow message. Should I respond via ebay messages saying I accept the payment methods listed and I will ship tomorrow? I have 'free expedited' as the method on the listing.

Message from xxxxxxx:
Hello please contact me for the payment and the shipping because am in need of this item as am getting it as a gift my NUMBER Is xxxxx or gmail at (email address) get back to me asap

My gut is telling me this person is going to be a hassle, but maybe I'm over thinking this?

Scam for sure. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question as a seller:

Message from xxxxxxx:

Never contact outside of eBay. Not only does it violate policy, it prevents eBay from having a record of the communications.

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scam for sure. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Never contact outside of eBay. Not only does it violate policy, it prevents eBay from having a record of the communications.

Thanks weighing in, just looked again and its a 0 feedback user who joined today... Definitely going to pass on this offer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads