• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
I think we all knew that newly listed items do better than relistings but I was still surprised by how much better... Listed 67 items this morning, 29 GTC that I ended and sold as similar and 38 new (backlog lol), with 240 listings total. Sold 7 items today and all were from the new listings.

Listened to eBay's official podcast this morning and they touched on this topic, though what they said was surprising: according to eBay, ending and selling similar has no effect on the algorithm or how much visibility your listing will get. Plenty of people have talked about the "selling similar" tip, and I've been experimenting with it as of late, but they described it as an "urban myth".

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me what's the deal with Patagonia Baggies? @Fueco ? I see that the older labeled ones, and crazy rare patterned ones go for high amounts but what's up with the solid colored/newer ones selling for shitloads?:

baggies1.png

baggies3.png

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me what's the deal with Patagonia Baggies? @Fueco ? I see that the older labeled ones, and crazy rare patterned ones go for high amounts but what's up with the solid colored/newer ones selling for shitloads?:

View attachment 1197738
View attachment 1197740

I don’t understand the pricing, but the older style had a different material for the mesh liner which is probably more comfortable to a lot of people. Also, I think they had shorter inseams, which would appeal to certain demographics.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buyer question!

I just received a current season, NWT jacket at a price I was happy with. The problem is the jacket was obviously something that couldn’t be put out for sale — it has a small, handmade, wabi-sabi repair just below one of the lower pockets. This wasn’t disclosed or visible in the ad.

If it were anything else, I’d just return it. The problem is I’d have a really slim chance of finding one again. (The brand doesn’t publicize everything it makes, and I only found one other jacket sold out on a single foreign web site). The seller was very friendly when we corresponded, and apparently works across from the flagship store, which gifted him the jacket. He’s got 100% good feedback.

What would you guys do? Ask for a partial refund? If so, how much? I haven’t left feedback, and don’t want to seem extort-y.

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buyer question!

I just received a current season, NWT jacket at a price I was happy with. The problem is the jacket was obviously something that couldn’t be put out for sale — it has a small, handmade, wabi-sabi repair just below one of the lower pockets. This wasn’t disclosed or visible in the ad.

If it were anything else, I’d just return it. The problem is I’d have a really slim chance of finding one again. (The brand doesn’t publicize everything it makes, and I only found one other jacket sold out on a single foreign web site). The seller was very friendly when we corresponded, and apparently works across from the flagship store, which gifted him the jacket. He’s got 100% good feedback.

What would you guys do? Ask for a partial refund? If so, how much? I haven’t left feedback, and don’t want to seem extort-y.
What is it? Pic of the repair?

zanci

Reaction score
What???

Is this on the outer side of the jacket or inner?

Can this be seen when wearing it?

If so, I would return and demand compensation or ask for a huge refund.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn...

The visible fabric circle is on the inside.

What percentage would you ask for? I’m just super-bummed about the possibility of finding one again.

How could you miss that? :mad:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads