• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time. Life has thrown a lot my way, so I'm not able to be active on the boards as much as I like.

View attachment 1154941

This guy buys a pair of polo croc mocs from me (I posted them here a while ago, item ID 333079811014), and initiates a chargeback on paypal stating that the item wasn't as described. No details on what was wrong. Of course no communication or return request on ebay. In the paypal resolution center, I included the order details on ebay along with a couple of screenshots of the ebay listing, with a small writeup.

Is there anything else I could do to fight this? This ************* is a seller, too.

Update:

Capture.PNG

I called them about a month after I had submitted all the details, and they told me they forgot to attach the new info (all the proof that he's a scammer) to the credit card company, and now it was too late. That really pissed me off, and I wasn't holding out much hope for the case to settle in my favor.

@babylonbc , @savvysartorial

Edit: Checked his new username, seems like he's no longer a registered user.

Last edited:

Rixon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been toying with selling my jacket from Isaia made from Vicuna, although I constantly feel like I'm in an Enya song when I wear it.

Fits an IT50, but has inches of extra fabric through it incase I get fat. If any of you have experience, what kind of price would the market take and are there any import/export regulations to be aware of? I've done some research, but surprisingly anything about the material is sparse.

94B8893A-05F1-442C-BD0B-E975C7EC20A8.jpeg
39389DFE-F0CB-4DEE-8277-EA5155E86189.jpeg
99234225-E5EC-4335-9106-F18C4ED0D2B0.jpeg

Rixon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you selling it?

I don't really wear sport jackets anymore. I bought a Brioni one a while back I really like for the odd time I might. I'm simply toying with the thought right now. I do that sometimes, which is why on my buy/sell page I sometimes cancel an advertisement and write "[keeping]".

compuccesory

Reaction score
For the experienced buyers here, are there any tricks or good methods for judging whether a suit jacket tor sportcoat's shoulder will fit you, based on the measurements between the shoulder seams? I just bought my first suit on ebay, and luckily for me, the measurements posted by the reputable seller were quite accurate and the fit was quite good, but it struck me that different styles of jacket will have wider or narrower shoulder seams, Brionis and Canalis will have measurements that are around 1 inch wider than a Neapolitan jacket of the same label size, and I guess this is due to having more structured and padded shoulders that extend a little bit further out. I do live within driving distance of a Neiman Marcus so I've made a pest of myself and went and tried on a bunch of jackets to get a feel for them, but what about other less widely available makers? How do you guys judge whether a Jacket's shoulders fit?

madeinbogota

Reaction score
I've been toying with selling my jacket from Isaia made from Vicuna, although I constantly feel like I'm in an Enya song when I wear it.

Fits an IT50, but has inches of extra fabric through it incase I get fat. If any of you have experience, what kind of price would the market take and are there any import/export regulations to be aware of? I've done some research, but surprisingly anything about the material is sparse.

View attachment 1196307 View attachment 1196308 View attachment 1196309
That's gorgeous, did you have Isaia custom-make it? I don't think there are restrictions on vicuña, though @SpooPoker might know for sure. Market value...well, go back a few pages to see what a similar jacket recently sold for.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure if any of you other GS users have seen this, but GS8 is in beta with lots of updates for anyone running Mojave. Also...iwascoding plans to start charging a monthly subscription for Pro-version.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if any of you other GS users have seen this, but GS8 is in beta with lots of updates for anyone running Mojave. Also...iwascoding plans to start charging a monthly subscription for Pro-version.

Yeah I’m not paying $180/year for GarageSale. It’s been nice but I’m out.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t even upgraded from GS6. But then, I only use it to create listings, I manage bookkeeping separately and don’t really need all the bells and whistles they’re hawking. Is there a non-pro upgrade price?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads