• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stewie

Reaction score
Hey - shipping to Korea - good to go? Or should I avoid?

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would just like to say that I freaking love netParcel service and the link to Paypal
Suddenly I can ship for half the cost of Canada Post

That is all.
I just got a quote for my last five packages to compare against what I actually paid and each one was about $1-2 more expensive than through Canada Post. Mind you, these were all US-bound shipments (as are about 90% of my ebay sales).

I ran it for my most recent domestic sale and netParcel was about $1.50 cheaper. Are you using it mostly for domestic stuff or are you seeing discounts across the board?

edit: The one thing I do see good savings on is sending large parcels out on consignment (~75 lbs)

Last edited:

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a quote for my last five packages to compare against what I actually paid and each one was about $1-2 more expensive than through Canada Post. Mind you, these were all US-bound shipments (as are about 90% of my ebay sales).

I ran it for my most recent domestic sale and netParcel was about $1.50 cheaper. Are you using it mostly for domestic stuff or are you seeing discounts across the board?

edit: The one thing I do see good savings on is sending large parcels out on consignment (~75 lbs)

Dress shirt to the UK
Canada Post - $45
UPS Expedited (through NetParcel) - $27
Faster and cheaper (3 business days vs 6-10)

Blazer to Florida
Canada Post Tracked Package - $21
UPS Standard - $13
Same lead time here

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's because you're closer to Pearson. I was able to get the prices a little cheaper by dropping the insurance but nothing as good as what you're showing. Here's what I got when I compared what I paid to CP to what I could get from NetParcel (all prices in CAD):
  • Tie to CA
    • CP Tracked Packet: $13.02
    • NetParcel / UPS Standard: $18.35
  • Jacket to MA
    • CP Tracked Packet: $20.50
    • NetParcel / UPS Standard: $19.79
  • Sunglasses to MN
    • CP Tracked Packet: $16.63
    • NetParcel / UPS Standard: $18.58
  • Pants to FL
    • CP Tracked Packet: $18.04
    • NetParcel / UPS Standard: $19.00
  • Shoes to IN
    • CP Tracked Packet: $22.73
    • NetParcel / UPS Standard: $20.53

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one for the list:

$5.99 domestic shipping for a shirt. What a tea bagger.

Poof.

**** you and the horse you rode in on.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having GarageSale issues right now? I duplicated a listing that I used recently with no issues and now I'm getting these errors. Token was refreshed and program was closed and reopened. These are the errors I keep getting.

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 12.11.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 12.09.56 AM.png

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just did some checking and found this. I was getting a bunch of errors about 'business policies' and when I searched for that info, I got the below message on the business policies page.

"We're conducting scheduled maintenance right now. Until it's completed, you may encounter problems using key eBay features. Please try completing your activity a bit later."

*EDIT* and just like that, everything appears to be working just fine. Disregard me, everyone.

Stewie

Reaction score
Got these big boy shoes a couple days ago - when I list them, can I get away with using elephant (that is what it is, correct?) or just use exotic in the listing?

DSC03753.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads