• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this idea a few years ago to keep a journal of all my crazy buyer stories and dumb questions, but I never did. Would make an interesting read to a small number of people.

We should start a google doc with those stories that we can add people to but keep private.

div25sec9

Reaction score
Can a customer leave a negative feedback if i already accepted a return? i accepted the return, but they're pissed because of the return shipping cost (reason for return was "didnt fit")

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can a customer leave a negative feedback if i already accepted a return? i accepted the return, but they're pissed because of the return shipping cost (reason for return was "didnt fit")

They can. If you can demonstrate to an EBay Rep that they are pissed because of the return shipping or the fit (buyers remorse in either case, as they are presumably complaining about something that is plainly mentioned in your listing) you should be able to have it removed.

bert9000

Reaction score
LOL

upload_2019-1-10_15-26-2.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Opens a SNAD return on a Sealskinz hat for bad ‘sawing’. I asked for clarification...

LOL

80C75106-C448-4966-A3F5-99653C0B863F.jpeg

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just been advised by a buyer that she tried to make a Paypal payment in AUD and it forced her to make it in USD. She's sent me a screenshot of the confirmation, but the money has not hit my account.

I have a nasty feeling that Paypal may have opened up an account for a US client using my email address. Is that possible? What can I do about it?

bert9000

Reaction score
I have just been advised by a buyer that she tried to make a Paypal payment in AUD and it forced her to make it in USD. She's sent me a screenshot of the confirmation, but the money has not hit my account.

I have a nasty feeling that Paypal may have opened up an account for a US client using my email address. Is that possible? What can I do about it?

Is eBay telling you it's paid for?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is eBay telling you it's paid for?
It's a Facebook Marketplace transaction. It has definitely not hit my account. The buyer has had to launch a Paypal case to get her money back; I'm pretty sure it has been misdirected to some scumbag in the USA who has stolen my gmail address. I've seen this before, but it only ever resulted in misdirected incoming mail before.

Tonypi7

Reaction score
Guy bought a Charvet shirt from me and said it was 2 sizes too small. I provided accurate measurements so i declined the return. This was December 4th. I just got a Paypal notification that he was issued a full refund. So, now im out the money and the shirt. Anything i can do??

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy bought a Charvet shirt from me and said it was 2 sizes too small. I provided accurate measurements so i declined the return. This was December 4th. I just got a Paypal notification that he was issued a full refund. So, now im out the money and the shirt. Anything i can do??

Does tracking show it was returned? Was the return opened through PayPal or eBay?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tracking shows it was delivered to him 49 days ago. The case was opened through eBay.

Does the return tracking show it was delivered to you or even shipped?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads