• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's definitely the **** end of the stick

I wouldn't give him anywhere near $60 though. Maybe half that (assuming $20 for return shipping + $10 extortion fee)

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In case anyone didn't see this offer. Make them sonsabitches pay.

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 12.52.26 AM.png

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sigh...I take the first 3 letters of her alias (LIElhensas)as a sign. Buyer purchased this NWT Pringle Cashmere sweater via Buy it Now on November 9. Immediately after it was shipped, she claimed she bought it by accident and wanted to cancel. The sweater was delivered 45 days ago on Nov 15.

View attachment 1097907
Follow-up. Paypal sided with buyer, despite all remorse evidence, and the fact that she has worn the sweater. FU Paypal

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Follow-up. Paypal sided with buyer, despite all remorse evidence, and the fact that she has worn the sweater. FU Paypal
I don't understand this at all. Evidence presumably from a statement she made saying she wore it (so obviously not NWT anymore) and it was still allowed to be returned? I guess if you are a high volume seller stuff like this maybe doesn't hurt so much but for the little guy having this happen makes ebay/paypal pretty risky particularly for any item of higher value.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did they force her to return it? What was the PayPal case opened for?

More importantly, how the **** are you not covered by seller protection?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The rep told me she thinks the decision is wrong since I provided evidence the sweater was worn, but she couldn't overturn it. However, she told me that if the buyer returns the sweater in anything other than NWT condition, then I can call back for my money.

Opened for "Not as described." and then lied again, saying "I just received this sweater and it is not a Pringle Cashmere Sweater", having had the sweater for a month and a half.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rep told me she thinks the decision is wrong since I provided evidence the sweater was worn, but she couldn't overturn it. However, she told me that if the buyer returns the sweater in anything other than NWT condition, then I can call back for my money.

Opened for "Not as described." and then lied again, saying "I just received this sweater and it is not a Pringle Cashmere Sweater", having had the sweater for a month and a half.

That really sucks. I'm sorry for your headache, man. Some time back, I had a scummy buyer try to force a return on eBay. Surprisingly, eBay sided with me and didn't allow them to return it. Then, they went through PayPal, calling them to threaten a chargeback. I provided all evidence of what had transpired on eBay and why the buyer shouldn't be able to return it, but they still let the buyer return the item. When I got the item back, I called PayPal and spoke with a supervisor. I explained everything and he agreed that the buyer shouldn't have been able to return the item. He gave me a credit for my original shipping cost, as well as an additional $50 credit for "selling fees."

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@capnwes not meant to continue your agony, just curious about the hilditch and key confused family? was their resolution to that I missed?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@capnwes not meant to continue your agony, just curious about the hilditch and key confused family? was their resolution to that I missed?
They messaged and said they shipped it back, but never updated the tracking, so the case closed out with no response from buyer. Haven't seen the shirt yet. I imagine it'll be here at some point...... unless she returned it to our London shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics