• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mco543

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with sizing for 2 items? One is a Bijan jacket made by D'Avenza and the other is a Polo three piece suit made by (I assume) Corneliani, both are tagged 46L but aren't even close

Bijan
Ptp 42 1/2
Shoulder 17
Length 32 1/2

PRL
Ptp 44
Shoulder 18 1/2
Length 33 1/2

No idea what to list these as.

Here's the tag on the PRL that I assume is an older Corneliani

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The PRL measures like a 46L no? Assuming the shoulders are lightly padded. The Bijan has weird sizing, agreed.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2, but you need a late 80s rapper modeling it in that pose.

ClosetEvolution

Reaction score
Thanks to whoever posted this link http://www.imore.com/best-manual-camera-apps-iphone.
I am just starting to look into upgrading my photography skills and setup. I have been shooting outside on sunny days, but will soon be switching to an indoor setup (I hope). I have also compiled a ton of photography how too links and some free online courses so I can actually understand the lingo when the various SF photography masters discuss improving their shots. In the meantime, which app in the above link seems like the best option for eBay photos? Thanks! And I look forward to understanding all the chat about backlighting and white balance.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Have anyone seen this before, its like a flap on the back of the neck. Not sure if its suppose to sick stick up (I think)? If it's removable, then it's designed to take the brunt of the neck oils, and can be removed and cleaned separately so the entire jacket doesn't have to be sent in. I wish all my leather jackets had something like that. Day of questions....Lehiatt....? http://www.schiatti.eu They go by Schiatti & C, which is what that tag script says. They've been around in Italy for along time, and some of their recent leather garments (especially the reversible ones) are like investment-grade art, as indeed they should be at four grand and up. Just exquisite. The last reversible that came through got $1K on the 'Bay. Still looking for one in my size.

Last edited:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How would one describe the following swatch? I have it listed as Teal-Rust-Navy Checked Plaid Flannel (mouthful I know).

I would call it a gun club check.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really can't believe I just sent this message...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This particular item is $3.40 for First Class or $6.80 for Priority.

I charge USPS retail prices for shipping....

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I've noticed that some sellers are charging $7 for shipping. Would it be fair to ask sellers for the cheaper option in your opinion?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I've noticed that some sellers are charging $7 for shipping. Would it be fair to ask sellers for the cheaper option in your opinion?

Depends on the what they're shipping and service selected...

I charge retail for shipping. $7 for a Priority Flat Rate Envelope would be pretty reasonable. If they're charging $7 for a 3 ounce item shipped First Class, then they are over-charging. If they're charging $7 for something that will cost $15 to ship, then the charge is reasonable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads