• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just nailed down my first local corporate client. 1300 items coming soon to my favorite Ebay store.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have one of these double high Z racks or a rack where you can hang 2 sets of jackets without issue (36" of clear space I'm guessing for each section)? Any photos? Guessing need to get a 7' tall vs 6' tall one to do it right

Like this  @ 80" of clear hand space ce space http://www.metropolitandisplay.com/...rade-double-rail-rolling-z-rack-chrome-black/

or  http://www.garmentrack.com/zrac5bas7up2.html

Brian - I just converted 90+ standard Z-Racks into double-bar racks...it was a PITA, but totally worth it to double your floor space. Fortunately you can buy expansion kits for your existing racks rather than re-buying everything. Let me know if you have any Q's.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is something new and amazing.

I have found either the ballsiest ebay buyer or the dumbest.

I sold a pair of Shoes a couple weeks ago. The buyer sent me an offer and it was a good offer and I only had a few hours to go. I decided at the last minute to take the bird in the hand instead of relisting. I sent the buyer an invoice and nothing happened. So, four days later a case is opened and he doesn't pay of course. So, I relist them for Buy it now for the same amount of his offer and someone buys them pretty quick and pays immediately.

I got an email yesterday from a buyer saying, "I paid for these and its been two weeks! Where are my shoes?" I checked the recent listing quickly. He paid immediately and they shipped the next morning. I checked the tracking and realized it has only been 3 days. Obviously, I was confused. While I am trying to figure out how to respond, I get an email that a case has been opened because the buyer hasn't received them. I was getting ready to write my response when I realize the buyer's ebay handle isn't the same. Then, I figured it out.

The guy who was complaining about not receiving them and who also filed the case IS THE BUYER WHO NEVER PAID! He has an unpaid item case filed against him and he is now complaining IN A CASE, that he hasn't received them!

That's a pretty interesting scam.

Step 1: Buy item
Step 2: Do not pay for item.
Step 3: Ignore emails and ignore unpaid item case
Step 4. Open new case because he hasn't received item!

The options for me to respond to the case were upload tracking, send a message, or refund the buyer!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely call eBay I'm not sure why the **** eBay even allows 'buyers' to open a case for something that wasn't paid for...

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you checked PayPal to be certain they didn't pay? I actually had a situation last week where I opened an unpaid item case on an item showing as unpaid. Buyer responded saying that they had paid and provided the PayPal transaction ID. I checked and, sure enough, they had, but it never transmitted to eBay.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you checked PayPal to be certain they didn't pay? I actually had a situation last week where I opened an unpaid item case on an item showing as unpaid. Buyer responded saying that they had paid and provided the PayPal transaction ID. I checked and, sure enough, they had, but it never transmitted to eBay.
Me too

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... All of my transactions above $100 have had a 21 day hold placed on them by Paypal for no apparent reason. Angry phone call inbound...

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you guys really really want to maximize your work flow, buy a Varidesk and a Topo Standing Mat.

Then if you feel like you want to throw all that speed right out the window....get a Puppy.

Who wants to work that hard anyway?

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks who use QuickBooks... Does it allow you to track inventory and customize categories? I'm looking to upgrade my tracking system and want something I can use to easily create reports for specific consignors, or things I found at a specific thrift shop or a specific category of item. Suggestions are welcomed...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads