• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shoulders are dropped, you should have taken it in a bit at the upper part too, not just the waist. Its not easy making a 48L US fit on a mannequin, Orgetorix that mannequin you found is clutch but I dont like the red its in. If it were black....

No dispute whatsoever. And the shirt is wrinkled, and the tuck at the bottom isn't perfect. In an ideal world, I'd address each of those. But as you well know, pics take a lot of freaking time. I've come to an uneasy compromise between perfection and efficiency. I try to keep my actual picture-taking to under 1 minute to put the item on Manny, set, shoot, unset. I get basically 1 hour per week to take all my shots. It's a straight cost-benefit analysis, and it's a completely pragmatic compromise.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice for a bulk photo editing software. I shoot with an iPhone 4S using the Camera+ app. The picture quality is good, IMO, but, when I hit the 'enhance' feature it makes it infinitely better. It's a pain having to do this for each single picture. Is there a bulk app that I can use?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, back to GarageSale...anyone know the difference between the basic program and the other? There is a considerable price difference, but it's not a big deal to me if it features things that I would really need.

Also, I doubt anyone knows, but is there any problem using it in order to create listings for the international eBay sites rather than eBay.com?

Dolfan954

Reaction score
Sorry, back to GarageSale...anyone know the difference between the basic program and the other? There is a considerable price difference, but it's not a big deal to me if it features things that I would really need.
Also, I doubt anyone knows, but is there any problem using it in order to create listings for the international eBay sites rather than eBay.com?

I am not sure if it is corrected by now, but the "basic" version WOULD have been perfect for most of us, but it has a minor flaw. The basic version doesnt allow the total character count in the title as eBay allows. Thus, you are left with title far shorter than you would like. To me, that was an incredible downfall that forced me to splurge for the better version.

If you go to their website, they offer a free trial. Download and install both and see which one you like better!!!

Quote: http://www.iwascoding.com/garagesalebasic/Downloads.html
http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Downloads.html

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I am not sure if it is corrected by now, but the "basic" version WOULD have been perfect for most of us, but it has a minor flaw. The basic version doesnt allow the total character count in the title as eBay allows. Thus, you are left with title far shorter than you would like. To me, that was an incredible downfall that forced me to splurge for the better version.

If you go to their website, they offer a free trial. Download and install both and see which one you like better!!!

http://www.iwascoding.com/garagesalebasic/Downloads.html
http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Downloads.html

Thank you for the explanation! I am going to download the trials now and see how it all works. Really, thanks again!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Im sure it does - they are a German company based in Germany, btw.

PS - If I didnt have GarageSale, I would be lost. :inlove:

Dolfan954

Reaction score
PS - If I didnt have GarageSale, I would be lost.
inlove.gif

+1 and I probably do 1/10000th of the amount of Spoo-tacular. GS runs good reports, auto organizes templates based on your own settings. Its pretty nifty. It does have its kinks and is severely underfunded for development.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

+1 and I probably do 1/10000th of the amount of Spoo-tacular. GS runs good reports, auto organizes templates based on your own settings. Its pretty nifty. It does have its kinks and is severely underfunded for development.

PS - If I didnt have GarageSale, I would be lost. :inlove:

Good to know! I'm going to give it a shot and see what it's all about...I downloaded the trial, so ill take a look at it and try a couple of listings,

Thanks again to all for the help!

Stewie

Reaction score
How would you describe this jacket's back? Center pleated? Doesnt sound like thats what I am looking for...hard to tell in the picture but I think you get the idea

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads