• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

div25sec9

Reaction score
Anybody know this logo?
i'm listing and can't figure out what it is

View attachment 1964081

If you don't find an answer here, you can contact Vineyard Vines, I've done so in the past and they provided me the answer. I used a sweetener opening line like "I recently acquired a beautiful VV tie, but they weren't able to provide me the history...." and they gave it to me.

goatamous II

Reaction score
That's a hammerhead shark with a golf club. Sorry.
Upon second look, you may be onto something. :p

If you don't find an answer here, you can contact Vineyard Vines, I've done so in the past and they provided me the answer. I used a sweetener opening line like "I recently acquired a beautiful VV tie, but they weren't able to provide me the history...." and they gave it to me.

Good call - thanks.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

eddyroxx

Reaction score
I was about to print shipping labels for items sold over the weekend and there's a USPS notice for "experiencing issues"

Anyone know what that's about?

Is it a technical issue between eBay and usps i.e. tracking sync, or an actual logistics issue with usps?

eddyroxx

Reaction score
My first label was fine, now they're not generating.
Payment is going through, then getting refunded 15min later.
Going to wait it out before going to the po and just purchasing in person.
Not sure how it's looking on the buyers end...

**And just now received a refund for the first label that did generate...

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, that is weird. I feel like you're going through a different process then I'm used to. I buy all my labels on ebay in bulk, and then immediately print them.

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
Here's something new to me...

I bought a pair of sneakers for my teenage son. High dollar Jordans, which were sent first to the 'Bays authenticators.

They were successfully authenticated, then were shipped to me.

I received the package today, and upon picking it up and feeling its weight (or lack thereof), immediately realized that it couldn't possibly contain a pair of shoes.

Sure enough, inside the plain cardboard shipping box was the retail box for the Jordans. But it was empty, except for the "authenticated" card. The shipping label on the box showed its weight as one pound, zero ounces.

I called a helpful rep, who recognized my plight, and could confirm the shipping weight. He realized that clearly the box had to have been empty. So they refunded me, and also allowed the seller to keep the money (wasn't his fault). But that crew of "authenticators" is probably going to be answering a few questions.

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You may (sadly) not be the first...

1686681402287.png

bde

Reaction score
I want to return something I bought to a shipper in Europe. I paid $30 total for the shirt, including shipping. I can't find any way to mail it back for less than that! How did the seller make any money? How can I ship this to Europe (specifically Ukraine).

gimpwiz

Reaction score
TBH at $30 from Ukraine, I'd just eat the cost. Like you said, the cost (including literal wartime logistics) to ship back a thirty dollar shirt, makes it a moot point. Donate it, resell it, or consign it, and move on, is my 2c...

bde

Reaction score
TBH at $30 from Ukraine, I'd just eat the cost. Like you said, the cost (including literal wartime logistics) to ship back a thirty dollar shirt, makes it a moot point. Donate it, resell it, or consign it, and move on, is my 2c...
How did the seller make money on this shirt? It seems like he's selling $2 bills for $1.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Without actual knowledge, I'd suggest two options.

One, there are special trade deals that allow cheaper shipping from Ukraine to you (wherever you are) than you would expect / than in the other direction. I don't know if it's still the case for Hong Kong did or still does have such an agreement, which is why I got random crap from HK for a literal dollar including shipping (but had to wait like 4-to-infinity weeks.)

Two, there are better deals that can be had if you negotiate with larger amounts of orders. There are third-party shipping services that have negotiated significantly better agreements than you get when you just estimate shipping costs using USPS/Fedex/UPS/DHL (eg, pirateship.) Some of those services you have access to, some you do not. Note, businesses tend to have far better shipping rates than us plebs, due to negotiated agreements like this, so they may not even need a third party to work with, depending on how large the seller's company/org is, if they have one.

bde

Reaction score
Without actual knowledge, I'd suggest two options.

One, there are special trade deals that allow cheaper shipping from Ukraine to you (wherever you are) than you would expect / than in the other direction. I don't know if it's still the case for Hong Kong did or still does have such an agreement, which is why I got random crap from HK for a literal dollar including shipping (but had to wait like 4-to-infinity weeks.)

Two, there are better deals that can be had if you negotiate with larger amounts of orders. There are third-party shipping services that have negotiated significantly better agreements than you get when you just estimate shipping costs using USPS/Fedex/UPS/DHL (eg, pirateship.) Some of those services you have access to, some you do not. Note, businesses tend to have far better shipping rates than us plebs, due to negotiated agreements like this, so they may not even need a third party to work with, depending on how large the seller's company/org is, if they have one.
US-based if that makes a difference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads