• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vacanthandle

Reaction score
Anyone else seen these? Seller is monkeysuits. Seems way too good to be true, seller says he’s just overstocked and is selling off a ton of stuff. No tags shown in the pictures. Has anybody else encountered this/know about it?
61C44AA0-7C58-4BCB-9277-8D0149A8F80D.jpeg
65E28224-F092-47DE-81D1-55284CE560E7.jpeg

florent

Reaction score
All commercially sold items - meaning B2C - includes: new, old, used, etc.

Here is what Refashion, the official french organism managing textile EPR, says about it:

To be concerned, products must:
  • Be destined towards the national and Dom-Com market : Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guyane, Reunion, Mayotte, Saint-Pierre-and-Miquelon, Saint-Martin;
  • Be destined towards households;
  • Be new.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Here is what Refashion, the official french organism managing textile EPR, says about it:

To be concerned, products must:
  • Be destined towards the national and Dom-Com market : Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guyane, Reunion, Mayotte, Saint-Pierre-and-Miquelon, Saint-Martin;
  • Be destined towards households;
  • Be new.
Hi, yes; but as I understood it, you are also reliable for the package you use.
This means you won't have to file for used clothes, however, when you ship them, you need to pay for the recycling of the box (the same is in Germany). And I think the minimum fee is 80€.

I don't know how eBay will do that, as they say, they will pay all the fees for you, and bill it to you.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got an RLPL 3 piece suit. Vest and pants are great, but the jacket has multiple small holes. How would you list it to maximize selling price? All 3 pieces for someone who wants to repair or just the undamaged vest and pants?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am one of those guys who offers free shipping on everything. I adjust my prices a bit and the profit margins are similar to when I used calculated shipping. That being said, this sneaker authentication is messing up my business plan. Typically, I was paying between $8-$10 on average to ship sneakers. Most of my sales are east of the Mississippi River and within zones that keep pricing down. Now, every pair of sneakers I sell over a certain pricepoint have to be shipped to the authentication site in Las Vegas. From my location, that's a minimum of $16 per box. Why can't they have a west coast site and an east coast site? Surely there's enough traffic to justify another location.

goatamous II

Reaction score
I've got an RLPL 3 piece suit. Vest and pants are great, but the jacket has multiple small holes. How would you list it to maximize selling price? All 3 pieces for someone who wants to repair or just the undamaged vest and pants?

I'd probably sell it as a whole but price it low. Somewhere like pants + vest price and then add an extra 10 - 15%

goatamous II

Reaction score
Looking for advice here
Turns out a pair of shoes i sold were two different sizes - didn't realize until i sold them and had the buyer return them

Is it worth my time to list them as mismatched shoes? Anybody have any luck with this?

I'm not too fussed if I re-donate them or see if they can work as keepers. I don't want them hanging around for another year in hopes that i find somebody who can fit into them

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rarely sell shoes but folks have mentioned selling singles for medical issues etc you could always part them out

RFHansen

Reaction score
Greetings,

It's been a while since I've checked in, but here I am with some names for your block lists:

Blocking this first fellow will be doing me and yourself a favour. He claimed a refund for an item delayed by customs, got it from eBay, then refuses to pay me now that the item has long since arrived. This is after me sending three polite eBay messages asking for payment, plus a letter to his home address with the invoice. No response. He now has my croc belt and my $80. So best to stay clear of him:

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 01.07.52.png

It seems like most of my customers have all of a sudden decided not to pay for their orders. It's like an epidemic. Here are the most recent culprits:

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 01.06.02.png Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 01.06.39.png Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 01.07.06.png Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 01.07.18.png

haloitsme

Reaction score
Greetings,

It's been a while since I've checked in, but here I am with some names for your block lists:

Blocking this first fellow will be doing me and yourself a favour. He claimed a refund for an item delayed by customs, got it from eBay, then refuses to pay me now that the item has long since arrived. This is after me sending three polite eBay messages asking for payment, plus a letter to his home address with the invoice. No response. He now has my croc belt and my $80. So best to stay clear of him:

View attachment 1841653

It seems like most of my customers have all of a sudden decided not to pay for their orders. It's like an epidemic. Here are the most recent culprits:

View attachment 1841654 View attachment 1841655 View attachment 1841656 View attachment 1841657
Where was shapiole located? Where you?
Why has ebay refunded ?
Thanks

RFHansen

Reaction score
Where was shapiole located? Where you?
Why has ebay refunded ?
Thanks

He is in the US, East Coast. I am in Denmark.

I suppose eBay found it right to refund because the estimated delivery date had passed, even though tracking clearly showed that it was held up by customs.

When I asked them how I was going to get my money back, they just told me to contact the buyer. It must be easy being so generous with other people's money.

RFHansen

Reaction score
And while we're at it, this guy has a pair of Gucci loafers + $130 of mine. Filed a NAD for late delivery (yes, really) with some random sob story that had nothing to do with the item. It's so silly I won't even repeat it. Buyer refused to communicate, eBay put the case on hold for days, then closed in his favour. So basically US customs caused me to lose $210 last month.

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 02.59.34.png

haloitsme

Reaction score
He is in the US, East Coast. I am in Denmark.

I suppose eBay found it right to refund because the estimated delivery date had passed, even though tracking clearly showed that it was held up by customs.

When I asked them how I was going to get my money back, they just told me to contact the buyer. It must be easy being so generous with other people's money.
I can tell you, you were lucky that the customs have not seized your Croco item if you had not included CITES.
I usually put the longest time for US delivery with the post and also have DHL Express / FedEx.

Yes, some people are straight liars and thieves that buy on eBay.

haloitsme

Reaction score
And while we're at it, this guy has a pair of Gucci loafers + $130 of mine. Filed a NAD for late delivery (yes, really) with some random sob story that had nothing to do with the item. It's so silly I won't even repeat it. Buyer refused to communicate, eBay put the case on hold for days, then closed in his favour. So basically US customs caused me to lose $210 last month.

View attachment 1841694
I had also a guy, who claimed his sister works at Tom Ford and told him the item is fake... eBay is slowly getting ridiculous, especially for US buyers nowadays. Don't know why I only have issues with US buyers, Japan, Korea, China, the EU, and even South America are easier to deal :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads