• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone having trouble with eBay's shipping label system today?

I go to ship some items like normal, and I get "No Services Available" where it usually lists all the USPS options, etc. Never happened before.

As far as I can tell everything is normal - Account is in good standing, im logged in, etc.

Tried on my phone and got a system error.

EDIT: Answered my own question I guess, but I'll post for anyone else curious.

ebayoutage662022.png

It appears there's a system error for many, not just me. Probably have to just wait it out.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still lurking, gents. Not gone.

Today I come to you with a buyer who urgently needs a place on everybody's block list:

51bluz

Messaged me to say that the Tanner Goods satchel I sent her was was fake, and that she wanted a refund. I gave her a detailed explanation of why the satchel was definitely not fake (as if anyone's ever faked Tanner Goods to begin with) and suggested she drive ten minutes from her shipping address to the goddamn company headquarters, where they could effortlessly corroborate my claims that the bag was authentic.

Guess who jammed her fingers in her ears and opened a SNAD claim instead? 🖕

again, that's 51bluz.

Block her, and don't take her off to sell a piece of bread if she's starving.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just took the csv file for the archive and haven't yet picked another acct'g ware , otoh i'm retooling the biz

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a very frequent ebay seller but I was selling a pair of good condition loafers and got a great offer, so I accepted right away. I then got a message from the buyer saying they had questions before paying and gave me a phone number to text. I responded through ebay saying I was happy to answer question but would prefer to do it through ebay DMs. I never got a response and haven't received payment (it's been 4 days). I checked the user's profile and they only created their account the same day as the offer and had no seller or buyer ratings. Anyone have any ideas what that was about?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not a very frequent ebay seller but I was selling a pair of good condition loafers and got a great offer, so I accepted right away. I then got a message from the buyer saying they had questions before paying and gave me a phone number to text. I responded through ebay saying I was happy to answer question but would prefer to do it through ebay DMs. I never got a response and haven't received payment (it's been 4 days). I checked the user's profile and they only created their account the same day as the offer and had no seller or buyer ratings. Anyone have any ideas what that was about?
One of the lastest scams on smaller sellers in the last couple years. My wife has a small account and every time she list something she gets those. Just cancel, block and relist.

div25sec9

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience selling (outside of ebay) to Asia? I'm looking at opening my web store to China and the Philippines. Is there any things to worry about such as customs oddities or corruption leading to lost packages?

Thanks

haloitsme

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience selling (outside of ebay) to Asia? I'm looking at opening my web store to China and the Philippines. Is there any things to worry about such as customs oddities or corruption leading to lost packages?

Thanks
Use DHL Express, FedEx and safe yourself a lot of headache.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plan to download that too as a backup. I honestly don't really trust either to be totally accurate, since godaddy pretty much ended support for the site 2 years ago.

If you can track your inventory on its own, its fairly easy to just use quickbooks an input what you need. I probably do mine at a higher level than a lot of people but it gives me what I need to do my taxes and kick out monthly financials.

I download bank account, biz credit card, and paypal every month and input all the info from those downloads and can do it all in about 2 hours to get an income statement and balance sheet on usually appx 100k in sales a month.

Come tax time I just gross up the sales fo match what ebay shows on the 1099 and call the difference ebay fees.

YMMV because I don't get too concerned with how much is selling fees, how much is shipping etc, i just do the bare minimum to get an accurate profit.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score

This happens all the time on CL as well: it's just scammers and spammers trying to get valid email addresses and phone numbers to sell to other spammers and scammers. You did the right thing. Proxy services are always the best. Interestingly enough, I was on a new website yesterday and when I went to put in my email, MacOS offered to provide a virtual email address. Apparently it's a new thing called "Hide My email" that's part of iCloud+. Pretty cool.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big ebay user but what do you guys feel about all the huge markup drop shipping that goes on? I only started using saved keyword searches recently and thought eBay kept on alerting me to the same auctions until I realized they were multiple auctions for the same item. Seems like a USA seller would just copy a Japanese sellers auction with an extra $150 tacked which this seems hugely scummy to me? You guys ever have this happen to your items? This doesn't violate eBay tos in any way?

horseman40

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble with eBay's shipping label system today?

I go to ship some items like normal, and I get "No Services Available" where it usually lists all the USPS options, etc. Never happened before.

As far as I can tell everything is normal - Account is in good standing, im logged in, etc.

Tried on my phone and got a system error.

EDIT: Answered my own question I guess, but I'll post for anyone else curious.

View attachment 1800308

It appears there's a system error for many, not just me. Probably have to just wait it out.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 20 days in on this "72 hour" Godaddy/Quickbooks data merge, with no end in sight. I wonder how many days it will take to sort out the mess on the other end.
It took almost 48 hours for all of my stuff to merge. Now, I have to figure out the functionality of the new program. As soon as the data transfer was complete, GoDaddy immediately sent a $98 refund to my PayPal account.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads