• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goatamous II

Reaction score
GTFO.JPG

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear seller, something has happened to me and I need luxury clothing at a discounted rate. God Bless.

Here is an interesting specimen, a hard-nosed negotiator from the "God Bless" school:

New message from: bken007 (74 Blue Star )
I'll give you 40 bucks for the shirt. No bartering. Take it or leave it. God bless. Thank you....

I left it.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is an interesting specimen, a hard-nosed negotiator from the "God Bless" school:

I'll give you 40 bucks for the shirt. No bartering. Take it or leave it. God bless. Thank you....

I left it.

I hate those kind of messages… I kept getting messages from one guy, asking for a few dollars off. I kept ignoring him, but forgot to block. He bought the item this morning, and I’m just hoping there’s no trouble.

FPB

Reaction score
Generally speaking, when a "buyer" has ridiculous demands what do you do? Ignore or block? I had a guy offering to pay 1/2 price and keep my coat for 30 days to "check the fit." I ignored him and then he ended up paying full price a few weeks later. In hindsight I probably should have blocked him. Dealing with losers is always way more energy than losing a sale.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking, when a "buyer" has ridiculous demands what do you do? Ignore or block? I had a guy offering to pay 1/2 price and keep my coat for 30 days to "check the fit." I ignored him and then he ended up paying full price a few weeks later. In hindsight I probably should have blocked him. Dealing with losers is always way more energy than losing a sale.

I would’ve blocked that guy the second I saw the “check the fit” bit. That’s a huge red flag. Did it turn out okay in the end?

FPB

Reaction score
I would’ve blocked that guy the second I saw the “check the fit” bit. That’s a huge red flag. Did it turn out okay in the end?

Not sure yet; it's in the mail. Fingers crossed but in the future I'm blocking people like this. Usually I do block these clowns but I forgot this time.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I left it.
I picture this guy screaming this TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT...GOD BLESS... THANK YOU... then shuffling off down the street, mumbling.

goatamous II

Reaction score
Not sure yet; it's in the mail. Fingers crossed but in the future I'm blocking people like this. Usually I do block these clowns but I forgot this time.

Hope that IF he does try to return he uses "Doesn't Fit" as the reason. At least stick him with the return shipping if nothing else.

Reactions: FPB

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Potential block. I feel such an idiot sometimes for accommodating people's requests. This guy sends me a message asking him if I can overnight him the item if he purchases it. I said sure. He buys it, and keeps sending messages with the same questions over and over again. Hasn't paid, of course. This is what I'm dealing with.

1643242072316.png

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At this point I'd be happier knowing that this was an ebay version of a phone prank.

1643244428355.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only three days after I canceled the transaction for non-payment?

31C82667-9155-4E4C-9C3D-4C874156E97E.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, why does the eBay interface still let you change the return policy to 14 days?

36C7DB68-AC8E-4922-AE0A-92F0E0810FD4.png

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
So, why does the eBay interface still let you change the return policy to 14 days?

View attachment 1745973
I have had this message a number of times, but only for items that were listed a long time ago and are (for whatever reason) re-listing. However, I haven't noticed the 14-day option appearing when I try to list a new item. Only 30 and 60 days. I had to become a no-returns guy (losing TR+ status as a result), as I thought a 30-day minimum return requirement was egregious. It should be 3 days, IMHO. If I receive something I need to return I do it the same day or the next.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had this message a number of times, but only for items that were listed a long time ago and are (for whatever reason) re-listing. However, I haven't noticed the 14-day option appearing when I try to list a new item. Only 30 and 60 days. I had to become a no-returns guy (losing TR+ status as a result), as I thought a 30-day minimum return requirement was egregious. It should be 3 days, IMHO. If I receive something I need to return I do it the same day or the next.

Yeah, I knocked everything to no returns. I was top rated, but lost that due to shipping some stickers with no tracking. I wasn’t willing offer free returns, so I lost TR+ when they started requiring that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads