• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are printed calf in my opinion.

I'm no expert but this is my opinion. The back of the shoe looks better than the front. If they were genuine reptile I think that would be stamped on the shoe.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem there is that Ralph rarely (I won't say never, just have never seen it) marked any reptile shoes as such.

Good information, and surprising to me. At least the 'no expert' part of my post is holding up.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Good information, and surprising to me. At least the 'no expert' part of my post is holding up.
Same is valid for Zilli shoes, no crocodile stamp.
The reason why I think it’s stamped is because of the calf alike creasing.
THE easiest thing is, get your nail under a scale, if you feel the scale it’s real if it’s to uniform it’s Stamp.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what has been people's experience with shipping to freight forwarders in Portland?

vestbash

Reaction score
So what has been people's experience with shipping to freight forwarders in Portland?

99% positive. I've sold a lot of stuff to shop airlines, a large japanese resale & import company and only had 1 issue with them. They attempted to export a pair of sharkskin shoes that I sold to them to Japan. They had issues with exporting the item and asked me for documentation (which I did not, nor does anyone have, as the shoes were rare vintage Florsheims). Eventually they asked to return the shoes to me. You would think they would have enough expertise to understand what they can and cannot export.

Last edited:

haloitsme

Reaction score
99% positive. I've sold a lot of stuff to shop airlines, a large japanese resale & import company and only had 1 issue with them. They attempted to export a pair of sharkskin shoes that I sold to them to Japan. They had issues with exporting the item and asked me for documentation (which I did not, nor does anyone have, as the shoes were rare vintage Florsheims). Eventually they asked to return the shoes to me. You would think they would have enough expertise to understand what they can and cannot export.
Exotic Material is always a pain to Export.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Anyone experience with Promoted Listings Advanced BETA

For me, it looks like it makes more sense when you are in a field where there is a lot of competition and no real brand name is involved; e.g., Tablet Cover / Tablet Stand / Phone charger, etc., but with branded items that are individual like:
Not really does a Kiton Tie 1 look the same as Kiton Tie 2... I don't know if it makes sense, maybe it may make sense when there are a thousand articles in the Kiton tie category?

Anyhow, anyone's experience?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience dealing with SNAD cases on Facebook Marketplace?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can honestly say that I've never seen "Thanks, dog" as feedback before...

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 10.03.51 PM.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, but since when is FB an intermediary? I thought they are a free platform like Craigslist.

Im not sure about there system. There’s a link to ask FB to step in, but I’m not sure how it works. I bought something (shipped) that was not as advertised, and the seller is being a ***** about it.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Im not sure about there system. There’s a link to ask FB to step in, but I’m not sure how it works. I bought something (shipped) that was not as advertised, and the seller is being a ***** about it.
Have payed via CC or PayPal?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads