• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Oh, hey guys. I’ve got an Italian seller telling me he can’t find shipping to US for what he had listed. (About 25 Euros, I think).

Anything I can recommend to him? I’ve had several dudes from Japan ship quickly at apparently low rates.
depends on the size of the package. 1 KG should be ok for 25€ with Poste Italiane

patelsd

Reaction score
Looking for guidance on this situation. Sold a buyer a Cucinelli jacket for $1800 which he received and signed for a week ago. Today he started eBay messaging me saying there’s a hole in the jacket - he sent 2 zoomed in photos that don’t show where it is on the jacket and the lining color appears to be different than the jacket I sold. Just like others on here, he keeps telling me he’s a lawyer and I’ll regret messing with him, but I’m about 95% sure he’s trying to send me back something different than I sold him. What’s the current advice on handling this?

rhz5001

Reaction score
Looking for guidance on this situation. Sold a buyer a Cucinelli jacket for $1800 which he received and signed for a week ago. Today he started eBay messaging me saying there’s a hole in the jacket - he sent 2 zoomed in photos that don’t show where it is on the jacket and the lining color appears to be different than the jacket I sold. Just like others on here, he keeps telling me he’s a lawyer and I’ll regret messing with him, but I’m about 95% sure he’s trying to send me back something different than I sold him. What’s the current advice on handling this?

I mean color is photos is never right. So I wouldn't put money on that. If he opens up a return there's not much you can do but wait for it to arrive and go from there. Maybe offer 100-200 dollars refund call it a day, block him, and move on.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for anyone that might know the answer.

I got a message on an auction listing about not being able to bid on the item. I checked, and the dude is on my block list. I have my settings set so people on my block list aren’t able to contact me. How was his message able to get through?

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
same thing happened to me, he was blocked but still able to message me. Opened an acct in his wife's name and did BIN before I could blink.

edit:

I don't have a do not contact option on my block list link
1637374898139.png

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same thing happened to me, he was blocked but still able to message me. Opened an acct in his wife's name and did BIN before I could blink.

edit:

I don't have a do not contact option on my block list link
View attachment 1706691

The option is somewhere under user preferences, though I can’t recall off the top of my head how to get to it.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
same thing happened to me, he was blocked but still able to message me. Opened an acct in his wife's name and did BIN before I could blink

Contact Customer Service with this info and they will cancel the sale. They did for me once.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there anything that can be done regarding return requests for 'doesn't seem authentic' reasons? Sold a nwt brioni cashmere sweater and the buyer says it doesn't seem like cashmere.

1637508362911.png

1637508382708.png

1637508484695.png

1637508507901.png

vestbash

Reaction score
Is there anything that can be done regarding return requests for 'doesn't seem authentic' reasons? Sold a nwt brioni cashmere sweater and the buyer says it doesn't seem like cashmere.

View attachment 1707492

View attachment 1707495

View attachment 1707498

View attachment 1707499

There's nothing that can be done. I just sold a new with tags pair of Red Wing lineman made in USA work boots and the buyer claimed he went to a Red Wing dealer and the dealer told him they were fake (sure). All you can do is accept the return and move on.

haloitsme

Reaction score

View attachment 1707492

View attachment 1707495

View attachment 1707498

View attachment 1707499
Yes, if you bought from the company directly, they can give you on a specific model number what material they use & the origin of e.g., of the wool.
And, cashmere is not cashmere, you can make cashmere more “un-soft” , or treat for outwear. Same with silk that gets treated that the material is water resistant, but still is classified as 100% silk.

@vestbash same here, it depends where you buy from. Nieman Marcus, I doubt they accept, invoice from the brand / supplier / agent / distributor -> claim gets revoked (happened twice & I had invoices from companies)

vestbash

Reaction score
Yes, if you bought from the company directly, they can give you on a specific model number what material they use & the origin of e.g., of the wool.
And, cashmere is not cashmere, you can make cashmere more “un-soft” , or treat for outwear. Same with silk that gets treated that the material is water resistant, but still is classified as 100% silk.

@vestbash same here, it depends where you buy from. Nieman Marcus, I doubt they accept, invoice from the brand / supplier / agent / distributor -> claim gets revoked (happened twice & I had invoices from companies)

It's good to hear there are other options!

vestbash

Reaction score

Unfortunately the boots I sold have a manufacture date of more than 10 years ago. I bought them second hand so I have no definitive proof to provide to ebay that they are real.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Potential shoe thief defeated. Guy buys a $20 Allen Edmonds, no returns shoe, from me then complains that they did not have AE soles. Leaves a bad review that I 'intentionally' did not show a pic of the fact (it wasn't intentional . Had the pic on my phone but forgot to get it to the ad). I told him to send them back. He wanted me to read his mind and kiss up, offer a 'solution'. I won't give stuff away to liars on principle. He let the return expire. People are nuts and liars.

Happy TG!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads