• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So i called 3 separate numbers for DHL about the packages stuck in customs and they told me that eBay is the DHL account holder and only EBay can contact DHL to figure out how to get my packages back. That’s not what the eBay rep told me so now i have To wait for ebays response again. These F***ers never know what’s going on with their own business policies and procedures

haloitsme

Reaction score
So i called 3 separate numbers for DHL about the packages stuck in customs and they told me that eBay is the DHL account holder and only EBay can contact DHL to figure out how to get my packages back. That’s not what the eBay rep told me so now i have To wait for ebays response again. These F***ers never know what’s going on with their own business policies and procedures
Why not set up own account for the future? But yes sucks.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not set up own account for the future? But yes sucks.
I do international through GSP so i really Have no say in what carrier is used and apparently am not able to get any info out of them

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
53508A5D-B0E5-444E-888B-A70C19C9B71C.jpeg

I love DHL, and I love this (Japanese) store.

In addition to having a cool assortment of brands, I always somehow get my items in about 2.5 days — sooner than things ordered from a few states away. :cool:

doctorman

Reaction score
totally agree regarding DHL. i've ordered from multiple japanese stores on ebay and the stuff gets here so fast that i wasn't mentally ready to receive it.

the fastest? amazon. when i was in afghanistan, DHL, fedex, USPS all took about 3 weeks to get to kandahar. amazon? 7 days.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
totally agree regarding DHL. i've ordered from multiple japanese stores on ebay and the stuff gets here so fast that i wasn't mentally ready to receive it.

the fastest? amazon. when i was in afghanistan, DHL, fedex, USPS all took about 3 weeks to get to kandahar. amazon? 7 days.

I once ordered a pair of boots from England on a Monday morning. They were sent DHL, and arrived Tuesday afternoon California

haloitsme

Reaction score
Yes express shipment is the best.
Before COVID, FedEx: Pic up in Austria before 12:00, guranteed delivery USA Tuesday till 10:30, if 1 minute to late, free shipment.
DHL express, 1 day to NY, 2 to max 3 days complete USA from Austria.
Sometimes its even cheaper to sent it with express courier than with normal post.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see automatic yeeting of neg/neu feedback? A couple weeks ago, I had requested revision of negative feedback from the client, never got a response. The next day it was gone. Today I have this odd looking thing on my dashboard, I assume is indicating a positive and a neutral, but the neutral has yet to appear.
1622577386612.png

1622577405769.png

There's this, but I don't think it's automatic.
1622577541281.png

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
A few months ago, a buyer bought an Ibex vest from me. Turns out it was too small, and did not fit her. She did not request a return.

She left positive feedback, and messaged me saying "thanks anyway", and that she had given it to a friend.

Feeling bad, and also grateful that she hadn't made a federal case about it, I sent her another different Ibex shirt, as well as a Kuhl short sleeve.

I received this nice handwritten note today...

L 2.jpg

IMG_2505.jpg

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude. I had to refund a buyer when an item wasn’t delivered…

He’s been asking me when the refund will hit his bank; now he’s saying I refunded the wrong email address. I’ve been gently letting him know that eBay refunded him, not me, and that I can’t answer specific questions about his account.

Is there anything I can tell him or ask eBay to do before he ruins my perfect feedback? :(

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude. I had to refund a buyer when an item wasn’t delivered…

He’s been asking me when the refund will hit his bank; now he’s saying I refunded the wrong email address. I’ve been gently letting him know that eBay refunded him, not me, and that I can’t answer specific questions about his account.

Is there anything I can tell him or ask eBay to do before he ruins my perfect feedback? :(

Just wait. Don't waste any time on what might happen. If you get negative feedback call and get it removed. Call repeatedly if necessary.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So after about 65 days, the item i bought from germany finally updated in USPS to "inbound into USA customs." tried to look up the same tracking number on DHL parcel (not express, it was "shipped" through Deutsch Post but was provided a DHL tracking number) disappeared and an error message comes up when looking up the tracking number. is this normal?

also how long, during this covid time period, does it take for customs to process the item? (it is well under 800 USD according to average exchange rate of USD-EUR).

thanks y'all!

freehand

Reaction score
I got my first negative feedback today and as I don’t sell much it’s dropped my feedback rating quite a bit. It was a shirt and before he made contact the buyer gave me negative feedback over the condition which I’d described as 9/10. Maybe I missed something - he says there is fading around the collar and cuffs. He’s now asked for a return which I’m happy to accept but do I have any chance of getting the negative feedback removed if he’s returning the item? He has sent no photos to show any wear. Thanks

haloitsme

Reaction score
So after about 65 days, the item i bought from germany finally updated in USPS to "inbound into USA customs." tried to look up the same tracking number on DHL parcel (not express, it was "shipped" through Deutsch Post but was provided a DHL tracking number) disappeared and an error message comes up when looking up the tracking number. is this normal?

also how long, during this covid time period, does it take for customs to process the item? (it is well under 800 USD according to average exchange rate of USD-EUR).

thanks y'all!
How much was the Item?
Has the customs formula been committed right?
all may delay customs.

WAIT, wait, WAIT, nothing you can do...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads