• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eddiegreen

Reaction score
You're screwed, I'm about ready to turn off international shipping because ebay lets them open a case and there's nothing you can do even if you tell them its still in customs.
I switched to GSP only for internationals, no customs hold ups because they have to pay it upfront.
Reached 1K today.
8ED2CD9E-70A4-4371-A581-4749E9F59771.jpeg

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the last day to move to a managed account , so I capitulated this morning and seeing ones real name and info after 20 plus years of some anonymity is going to take some getting use to. Twenty minutes later first sale and its this newbie and he did not buy either an old dog or cow...

1621450686815.png

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've switched to managed international shipping too, ebay has fixed the old GSP, idgaf where it goes, ebay covers you, and it's cheaper this time(for me and the buyer as far as I can tell), so game on. Note- no more than 2 international a month lately, so very low volume seller response.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, GSP all the way. When a package has been lost in transit/customs for an international buyer, eBay covered it. I realize it sucks for the buyer to pay more, but it just covers things on my end.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already come up but I’ve started getting this *********** app telling me ‘UK Shoe Size’ is required when the listing already has this. Is this is a glitch?

2FB22EF4-3780-4D8E-95F4-F6162B7A4631.jpeg

D501D954-CDD2-42AC-841B-45C00D29F659.jpeg

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the blacklist:

cozycozy12

bought $500 item, never paid. Sent him a message a few days later and he says he isn't paying because it's too expensive. I figure he needn't trouble the rest of you anymore either.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about DHL Deutsche Post shipping from Germany to USA situation? I bought a pair of shoes from Germany on April 09 and the last update was April 13 stating that it is going to be handed off to USPS in Frankfurt IPZ. When I checked USPS tracking it still states awaiting origin preparing shipment. Paid 50 EUR for damn shipping too. To this day there has been no shipping update. Anyone have data points on similar situations? Im willing to wait 60 days but afterwards I’ll have to file through eBay that I never received the item. Seller has been very proactive with contacting DHL for me and even offered to refund me some money for the long wait but I declined.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Anyone know about DHL Deutsche Post shipping from Germany to USA situation? I bought a pair of shoes from Germany on April 09 and the last update was April 13 stating that it is going to be handed off to USPS in Frankfurt IPZ. When I checked USPS tracking it still states awaiting origin preparing shipment. Paid 50 EUR for damn shipping too. To this day there has been no shipping update. Anyone have data points on similar situations? Im willing to wait 60 days but afterwards I’ll have to file through eBay that I never received the item. Seller has been very proactive with contacting DHL for me and even offered to refund me some money for the long wait but I declined.
Sometimes takes very long for being scanned in again. Sometimes it sites at customs and gets scanned it after inspection.
I had a similar one, no tracking for 3 weeks, all of a sudden it was on the usps track for delivery.

Have you gotten usps tracking code yet?

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes takes very long for being scanned in again. Sometimes it sites at customs and gets scanned it after inspection.
I had a similar one, no tracking for 3 weeks, all of a sudden it was on the usps track for delivery.

Have you gotten usps tracking code yet?
The USPS tracking code is the same as the Deutsche Post DHL one. Starts with CY and ends in DE.

haloitsme

Reaction score
The USPS tracking code is the same as the Deutsche Post DHL one. Starts with CY and ends in DE.
Usually you get an usps one, when Usps tracks it once, you can put the code in the usps tracking site, maybe the second one is already their.
CY .... DE normal codes, DE = Germany

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads