• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's one for your block lists... This dude won an auction on Sunday. On Wednesday, he asked for more information. I responded with the requested information. Today (Thursday), he asked for more information without specifying what he was after. When I asked him to clarify, this was his response:

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 4.21.52 PM.png

Last edited:

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More block list material: kali_831

Bids on an auction item and messages asking if they can buy it now for more. I said sure, retracted their bid and added best offer option. They offered. I accepted. They paid and almost immediately sent a cancellation request saying they found it for a better price. Then has the nerve to message me asking if they'll get refunded tonight.

haloitsme

Reaction score
More block list material: kali_831

Bids on an auction item and messages asking if they can buy it now for more. I said sure, retracted their bid and added best offer option. They offered. I accepted. They paid and almost immediately sent a cancellation request saying they found it for a better price. Then has the nerve to message me asking if they'll get refunded tonight.
JUST say already shipped.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buyer opened item not received case. It’s been in customs for over a month. What do i do? I really can’t be out $100 and the item
D7F6A0DF-0163-4246-BC19-55CBD92B3E30.png

haloitsme

Reaction score
Buyer opened item not received case. It’s been in customs for over a month. What do i do? I really can’t be out $100 and the item
View attachment 1612029
had the same issue, it sucks.
I shipped to Saudi Arabia, 3 months in customs, the buyer has not bothered and waited.

Once I shipped to Mexico, same as yours, I refunded and when arrived the customer sent me the money back. eBay sucks in this regard, so is PP. That's why I stopped using post and just ship FedEx, DHL, UPS.

Ps. is this DHL express? You can phone them, and get the items through easiliy.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1612029
What did you ship? I personally block Brazilian buyers from purchasing since shipping used goods into the country is prohibited. If it was secondhand, perhaps it got confiscated.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1612029

You're screwed, I'm about ready to turn off international shipping because ebay lets them open a case and there's nothing you can do even if you tell them its still in customs.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did you ship? I personally block Brazilian buyers from purchasing since shipping used goods into the country is prohibited. If it was secondhand, perhaps it got confiscated.
Used sunglasses. Not sure how they were even able to buy since i dodnt Have international shipping turned on. I lost $380 on another item that went to France when the buyer didn’t pick up his item after they tried twice to deliver.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're screwed, I'm about ready to turn off international shipping because ebay lets them open a case and there's nothing you can do even if you tell them its still in customs.
I didnt Even have it turned on, not sure how they were even able to purchase. Going to do the same, lost so much money recently on international purchases

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I didnt Even have it turned on, not sure how they were even able to purchase. Going to do the same, lost so much money recently on international purchases

For this exact reason we’ve started to use UPS for all international shipping. Often with signature confirmation. They never fail. USPS is a complete joke.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did that a few years ago and haven't looked back. The only foreign countries that I will ship to are Canada and Japan. I know that there are some very reasonable countries out there with reliable postal systems. But, limiting my international exposure has greatly reduced my number of shipping headaches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads