• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
Damn it, I’m having no luck on eBay recently. This week I bought a linen safari jacket from SuSu to rock in the glorious spring weather heading my way. The seller is located in LA, and his local post office is less than 3 miles from the warehouse belonging to my freight forwarder. He probably could have thrown it from his front door and it would have landed close enough, so I was pretty confident it would arrive in time to be make it onto today's weekly flight to Mongolia.

I just checked the tracking.

It’s in Massachusetts.

Last edited:

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn it, I’m having no luck on eBay recently. This week I bought a linen safari jacket from SuSu to rock in the glorious spring weather heading my way. The seller is located in LA, and his local post office is less than 3 miles from the warehouse belonging to my freight forwarder. He probably could have thrown it from his front door and it would have landed close enough, so I was pretty confident it would arrive in time to be make it onto today's weekly flight to Mongolia.

I just checked the tracking.

It’s in Massachusetts.
I've had major shipping snafus this week. I'm in Northern California and have had:

one DHL package that went from Los Angeles to Ohio instead of staying in CA) & is still stuck there
one UPS package (live, now presumably dead) plants that went from New Jersey to Canada (a call center employee assured me that the Montreal hub was, in fact, in California) where it still sits
one FedEx package that started at the distribution center 15 miles East of my house, went ot a routing center 30 miles east of there, and is now in Louisiana.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A minor miracle?

Several months ago, an eBay buyer bought a shirt, & then said he didn't really like it & wanted to return it. I denied the return, and eBay sided with me. He then filed a claim with Paypal, and Paypal also sided with me. He then filed a chargeback with his CC company, & Paypal took the $ from my account & also told me that he would get to keep the item. I filed an appeal & assumed all hope was lost, but just heard that "the dispute has been adjudicated in your favor," & that I'm getting back the dough.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with a return due to “Found a better price”? Sold this NWT jacket on March 29th. Buyer left feedback that they “wear it all the time” and the yesterday they open a return with the reason stating “could price better”. I’m not a clothing rental service. I’d like to decline this return but I also don’t want to affect my newly turned around seller rating. Any advice? Name is below for the block list.
604F777A-9297-4C95-885A-8FBBF81ED780.jpeg 410E7C1A-712B-429C-BD38-743B51697C45.png

Last edited:

haloitsme

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with a return due to “Found a better price”? Sold this NWT jacket on March 29th. Buyer left feedback that they “wear it all the time” and the yesterday they open a return with the reason stating “could price better”. I’m not a clothing rental service. I’d like to decline this return but I also don’t want to affect my newly turned around seller rating. Any advice? Name is below for the block list.
View attachment 1599023 View attachment 1599024
DO you accept return?
If yes, he want to return it, take it. If worn deduct an amount or decline the item.
Don’t accept, then don’t accept.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1599023 View attachment 1599024

If he’s already left feedback, and you don’t accept returns, just decline the return. If he opens a case, call eBay and point out the feedback that says he wears it all the time. This should be a no-brainer for them to close in your favor.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help all. My policy accepts returns within 30 days (because eBay makes you do that to get Top Rated status.) He's just within the 30 day window unfortunately. eBay doesn't give me an option to decline it on the return page but I messaged the buyer to let him know that I will not be accepting due to the fact that he wore the jacket. Guess I'll be calling eBay to get this return request closed.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help all. My policy accepts returns within 30 days (because eBay makes you do that to get Top Rated status.) He's just within the 30 day window unfortunately. eBay doesn't give me an option to decline it on the return page but I messaged the buyer to let him know that I will not be accepting due to the fact that he wore the jacket. Guess I'll be calling eBay to get this return request closed.

If they force you to take the return, you can deduct 50% of the value and check the "item was used" box and in my experience, never hear another word from ebay.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is reading still taught in school? The size difference is mentioned four times in the listing...

8A52E0AA-FC50-4F51-A95C-2EDB622BA00C.jpeg

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics