• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anybody deal with nike look/see samples? been sitting on a pair, reading recent news stories and wondering where the market is

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am probably late to the party on this... But, what manner of fuckery is this new "unified listing" tool? Apparently, it's optional until late May.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might be a first...

F5BFD89A-85D4-4C52-9744-51630B290F43.jpeg

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just noticed on an unpaid item that, after 5 days, the seller has the option to cancel the sale for non-payment. How long has that been an option? I'm assuming that the buyer doesn't get a strike if you do this. Anyone know for sure?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never saw that option in the drop down...

The last two times, I’ve selected “buyer requested to cancel”, as someone here said that won’t be a ding on your ratings.

That would be a nice (and logical) choice!

haloitsme

Reaction score
This might be a first...

View attachment 1597111
I had a different experience, shipped via Austrian Post --> USPS, but as I usually only ship with FedEx I used their boxes. Somehow the box ended up at a FedEx station and they called the buyer, so he picked it up. (somehow managed to get to Las Vegas).
The buyer told me he had the item, sometimes I forgot about the scammers out there.

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
Turns out lindasstuff got ebay to ban me for returning items and when they were past due for the refund opening cases for refund.

Urgh. I stopped buying from Linda after two of the first three items I ordered were wrong. The first one was a blazer with a really obvious and unmentioned hole, and the second was a lot of three pairs of pants advertised as 36” that were actually 32”. They had damned size labels in them, too. Not an easy mistake to make for anyone competent.

Unfortunately I have my stuff shipped to a freight forwarder in LA and then on to me in Mongolia, so by the time I discover someone screwed up it’s already far too late to ask for a return, if it were even cost effective to ship things thousands of miles back to where they came from. That seller is bad news.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Urgh. I stopped buying from Linda after two of the first three items I ordered were wrong. The first one was a blazer with a really obvious and unmentioned hole, and the second was a lot of three pairs of pants advertised as 36” that were actually 32”. They had damned size labels in them, too. Not an easy mistake to make for anyone competent.

Unfortunately I have my stuff shipped to a freight forwarder in LA and then on to me in Mongolia, so by the time I discover someone screwed up it’s already far too late to ask for a return, if it were even cost effective to ship things thousands of miles back to where they came from. That seller is bad news.
Surely the seller has to pay for the return shipping when an item is SNAD? It’s certainly the case if you are selling to the U.K. - we have consumer protections by law.

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
Surely the seller has to pay for the return shipping when an item is SNAD? It’s certainly the case if you are selling to the U.K. - we have consumer protections by law.

I’ve no idea about US consumer law, but my gut tells me that if I were to request a return I could at best compel the seller to cover shipping only from the shipping address I used for my order. My eBay shipping address is a warehouse in LA, and my orders are forwarded to me by air by my freight forwarder, so eBay sellers have no idea their customer is in Mongolia. If the situation were reversed I don’t think I’d consider it reasonable if a customer asked me to pay for return shipping from the other side of the world for an order I’d shipped to LA (since the seller can specify they only serve domestic customers to avoid this kind of hassle).

With my first problem order from Linda’s Stuff I think I just let it go as it was a fairly cheap item. My second, the lot of trousers, was a heavy package that cost me an arm and a leg in shipping fees from LA, so I dropped the seller a message, explained that the product was not as described, pointed out that I lived in Mongolia and that a return would be impractical, and politely asked if there was anything they could do to make it right. I was hoping for at least a partial refund that would allow me to recoup the loss I’d made on the shipping. I didn’t received a written reply, but several days later they opened a return and issued me a domestic shipping label valid only from my shipping address in LA, which was useless to me.

My shipping situation is a little unusual, and I’ve made my peace with the fact that occasional problems like this are just the cost of doing business. The fact that Linda’s Stuff didn’t bother to write a reply after the second screwup in three orders, though, was enough to blacklist them. It’s a shame as they sometimes have some nice products, but I can’t take the risk of shopping from a seller with such poor listing accuracy and terrible customer service.

goatamous II

Reaction score
Using a freight forwarding service eliminates buyer protection unfortunately
The seller can't guarantee what the third party did or didn't do with the package, and therefore isn't responsible for it

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 weeks for a Priority to pacjage to get to Seattle?

View attachment 1597542
It's for reasons such as this that I haven't used USPS since November. I got tired of answering "where is my...." messages. I use UPS and FedEx 2-day. Yesterday, to ship a pair of shoes from AL to Pasadena, CA, was quoted as $18.17 for USPS Priority (9% discount). The same package was only $14.25 using FedEx 2-Day (79% discount).

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's for reasons such as this that I haven't used USPS since November. I got tired of answering "where is my...." messages. I use UPS and FedEx 2-day. Yesterday, to ship a pair of shoes from AL to Pasadena, CA, was quoted as $18.17 for USPS Priority (9% discount). The same package was only $14.25 using FedEx 2-Day (79% discount).

Are you using your own boxes or some that fedex supplies?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you using your own boxes or some that fedex supplies?
I buy boxes in bulk from Uline. I haven't looked into FedEx supplies. I did purchase a Dymo 4XL to handle 4 x 6 labels for FedEx and UPS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads