• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I should just ignore anyone who requests local pick-up. Guy requests it, so I oblige and send an invoice with shipping removed. The guy then asks if I can meet someone convenient for him, even though he said he would pick up. He's now agreed to pick up but wants to try the item before he's even paid. I just offered to cancel all together if he's not willing to pay first. There's a reason I don't bother with FB Marketplace and the like and this is it.
Update to this: he kept pressing to meet, but wouldn't pay first. I kept saying no and telling him the unpaid was going to open automatically (which it wasn't) in about an hour. He finally requested to cancel.

vestbash

Reaction score
Yes I know ss isn’t necessarily. I just mentioned multiple possibilities how they connect accounts....

Yes. I know multiple acccounts aren’t. My point was if one would get banned they all could get flagged.

You’re guessing that’s what got their attention but who really knows.

Unless there are dedicated ip’s, names, shipping addresses why would multiple accounts matter? Possibly if someone from eBay feels like as a seller I’m trying to take advantage of another seller but that’s all a guessing game again.

You're right it is just a guess. There are very few downsides to having a dedicated buying account; while as you've experienced, some very serious downsides to using your selling account to buy. It seems very reasonable to me to take this measure even if it offers a meager single layer of protection to protect what is your livelihood.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
^Back when I started on eBay (March 1998) you could go in and see everything that other users had bought, and how much they paid. They did away with that functionality at some point (who knows why, surely not to protect e-thrifting flippers like us) but presumably so nosy buyers couldn't see what you had paid for stuff, since back then, that's where we were getting stuff. This was particularly relevant to me, as I was in that prime, pathological, frenetic quest for CM-wardrobe-building items, and 2-3 packages a day were arriving at my office, much to my staff's amusement. My whole flipping thing started this way, as I'm sure it did for many of you, as I realized I could make margin on items I didn't want to keep (most). I also started identifying the buying accounts of other flippers, as I would see something I'd sold come up later on my daily searches by whomever had bought it, and so I was able to match them up that way. I buy only a few items a month on eBay any more, and none of it is clothing, so a buying account wouldn't make sense for me. But I can see that it does for some.

@rhz5001, if I had a buyer that returned 25% (er, more accurately, any more than ONCE), they'd be blocked with prejudice faster than I could cuss 'em out, lol.

And on printers, referenced above: I have a Zebra 450 attached to a secondary router, and it has performed flawlessly for wireless printing. I have all Apple stuff, including the routers, and it's a piece of cake to set up a multi-router network. Sadly, they have gotten out of that business, which pisses me off, as their routers were years ahead of the competition. Hopefully, someone else will by now have "Apple-ified" their routers so they are equivalently easy to manage. And if anyone knows who's doing the best job with that, I'd be happy to hear about it.

rhz5001

Reaction score
^Back when I started on eBay (March 1998) you could go in and see everything that other users had bought, and how much they paid. They did away with that functionality at some point (who knows why, surely not to protect e-thrifting flippers like us) but presumably so nosy buyers couldn't see what you had paid for stuff, since back then, that's where we were getting stuff. This was particularly relevant to me, as I was in that prime, pathological, frenetic quest for CM-wardrobe-building items, and 2-3 packages a day were arriving at my office, much to my staff's amusement. My whole flipping thing started this way, as I'm sure it did for many of you, as I realized I could make margin on items I didn't want to keep (most). I also started identifying the buying accounts of other flippers, as I would see something I'd sold come up later on my daily searches by whomever had bought it, and so I was able to match them up that way. I buy only a few items a month on eBay any more, and none of it is clothing, so a buying account wouldn't make sense for me. But I can see that it does for some.

@rhz5001, if I had a buyer that returned 25% (er, more accurately, any more than ONCE), they'd be blocked with prejudice faster than I could cuss 'em out, lol.

And on printers, referenced above: I have a Zebra 450 attached to a secondary router, and it has performed flawlessly for wireless printing. I have all Apple stuff, including the routers, and it's a piece of cake to set up a multi-router network. Sadly, they have gotten out of that business, which pisses me off, as their routers were years ahead of the competition. Hopefully, someone else will by now have "Apple-ified" their routers so they are equivalently easy to manage. And if anyone knows who's doing the best job with that, I'd be happy to hear about it.

I would block me too if I was linda. The reality is they do a terrible job listing things correctly. No issues for them means giant stains, holes, sliced material, you name it. It’s a hassle but still worth it if you have the time to deal with the issues.

I block people for even asking too many questions sometimes. I don’t post those names here though haha. Just people who lie on SNAD returns and steal from me.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve only had two interactions with Linda’s stuff, I think. Both times, I requested measurements, knowing their reputation for terrible descriptions.

Oddly, they were really helpful, pulling items from their warehouse to measure. It turned out both jackets were way off from the descriptions, and I couldn’t buy them.

It just seemed really odd how much time and hassle they could save from measuring things the first time, rather than driving to a warehouse or storage place. :(

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your opinion on these? Styling on them seems men's, but the size 7 B is giving me pause. RL England, men's, women's, US or UK size?
20210418_114459.jpg
20210418_114731.jpg
20210418_114743.jpg

this 7 2 is in the insole, not sure if it's relevant. To the left of it is a scratch, not marking.
20210418_114953.jpg

rhz5001

Reaction score
I’ve only had two interactions with Linda’s stuff, think. Both times, I requested measurements, knowing their reputation for terrible descriptions.

Oddly, they were really helpful, pulling items from their warehouse to measure. It turned out both jackets were way off from the descriptions, and I couldn’t buy them.

It just seemed really odd how much time and hassle they could save from measuring things the first time, rather than driving to a warehouse or storage place. :(

x2 They have really really great customer service. I feel bad for them, day to day must be a nightmare with customers.

rhz5001

Reaction score
Non-payment

I would have used up my 5k blocked bidder limit a long time ago if I blocked every non payer. IMO people should recommend blocking buyers for more serious issues. Some of these things IMO would be fraudulent SNAD returns, complaining about some minor non issue trying to get refunded money and keep the items, stolen items, ect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads