• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rhz5001

Reaction score
Wait, don't they offer returns? Why would they report you? Or was it just a lot of returns?

They do but they weren’t refunding by due date so I just escalated like every other buyer does. I probably return like 25%. I’m buying again from them and getting Brian’s consignment rejects all described incorrectly by Linda’s people.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do but they weren’t refunding by due date so I just escalated like every other buyer does. I probably return like 25%. I’m buying again from them and getting Brian’s consignment rejects all described incorrectly by Linda’s people.

Why would they even issue a warning for that? Was it just the percentage of purchased items that you were returning?

rhz5001

Reaction score
The great thing about eBay is they won’t even tell you anything for ruining someone’s total income source. Really a fun time. I do 100k+ profit on eBay. It’s not really an easy income to replace combined with the lifestyle it provides. I’m back on and just going to play it safe but even with that there’s no guarantee I’ll break some other obscure unknown to me rule.

vestbash

Reaction score
The great thing about eBay is they won’t even tell you anything for ruining someone’s total income source. Really a fun time. I do 100k+ profit on eBay. It’s not really an easy income to replace combined with the lifestyle it provides. I’m back on and just going to play it safe but even with that there’s no guarantee I’ll break some other obscure unknown to me rule.

You are using the same account to buy and sell?

goatamous II

Reaction score
On the topic of returns, I just got this message

Hello I just received my item, but before I requested a refund, I thought it might be better to request a partial refund instead. You neglected to mention and include a picture of the Holt Renfrew label, which, as I'm sure you know, means it was made for a department store rather than Canali's main stores, which often times means lower quality. That being said, considering it came from Canada and would cost a decent amount to ship it back, I think a partial refund of 20 CAD (or 15 USD) would be reasonable. If not, then I can simply request a return and send it on its way back.

Even though I accept returns, but he's basically saying he's going to open a SNAD and make me pay for return shipping. He's right, it will be more than $20
Added factor: he bought a suit that I forgot I had. It was thrifted 2 years ago and I had to make sure I didn't re-donate it and forget to take down the listing.

In the end I don't see how I don't just give in. So even with returns, there are still ****** buyers.

rhz5001

Reaction score
Yeh I use the same account. I mean if they ban your purchase account they will have the ip social security address ect so any linked will get flagged.

There’s a handful of people I know who got banned for the dumbest reasons. One dude I talk to was ebays rising star highlighted by the company at eBay open and they banned him! Unreal. Very uncomfortable to depend on eBay as a substantial income source. (I have for 8 or 9 years now)

haloitsme

Reaction score
Yeh I use the same account. I mean if they ban your purchase account they will have the ip social security address ect so any linked will get flagged.

There’s a handful of people I know who got banned for the dumbest reasons. One dude I talk to was ebays rising star highlighted by the company at eBay open and they banned him! Unreal. Very uncomfortable to depend on eBay as a substantial income source. (I have for 8 or 9 years now)
SAme Story with Amazon, that’s why does companies are now under surveillance about monopolistic behavior and market cornering and not letting all peaple in. Same with google and it’s shopping and ad feature. FB & Instagram. Hopefully this time the EU is fast :)

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recommendations for a thermal printer? I bought a Rollo and I'm about to send it back after spending hours trying to get it to work. That includes two calls to Rollo support. It will only print one label at a time, sometimes prints the same label twice, prints a label and then runs blank labels through the printer, prints 1/4 size labels... all kinds of weird BS.

Any quick tips on how to get this to work? Another brand works for you? I want to buy a group of labels and then print them in a batch like I have always done with my laser printer.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of returns, I just got this message

Hello I just received my item, but before I requested a refund, I thought it might be better to request a partial refund instead. You neglected to mention and include a picture of the Holt Renfrew label, which, as I'm sure you know, means it was made for a department store rather than Canali's main stores, which often times means lower quality. That being said, considering it came from Canada and would cost a decent amount to ship it back, I think a partial refund of 20 CAD (or 15 USD) would be reasonable. If not, then I can simply request a return and send it on its way back.

Even though I accept returns, but he's basically saying he's going to open a SNAD and make me pay for return shipping. He's right, it will be more than $20
Added factor: he bought a suit that I forgot I had. It was thrifted 2 years ago and I had to make sure I didn't re-donate it and forget to take down the listing.

In the end I don't see how I don't just give in. So even with returns, there are still ****** buyers.

He just made that up! Department store Canali isn’t lower quality than those sold at stores.

vestbash

Reaction score

SS # does not need to be attached to your buying account. Although if you need to get your tax exempt cert then yes, they'll have your tax ID/SSN.

You attracted attention from Linda's team because they figured out you're a reseller. If you used a dedicated buying account, you would most likely not attracted the same sort of scrutiny over the opened cases. Having multiple ebay accounts is not against ebay's TOS and its very useful to have multiple accounts to protect yourself.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What the hell. I report all manner of fake items and other bullshit — even things like obviously pirated ebooks/audio books that violate their TOS about three different ways, and they never do anything.

Why would they ban a buyer when the buyer is (now) always right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads